SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19777916

Brag about my daughter-in-law.

User
21 years ago

It's hard to find a place to brag, so I thought I'd take advantage of this forum. My daughter-in-law is wonderful. (My son is great also.) She has always treated me very well, but that is not what I want to brag about. About five years ago, my first grandson and their oldest son was diagnosed with Autism. It was about a year later that my son told me that when the diagnosis was made, he just was beside himself. This beautiful boy was four years old and my son was so worried about protecting his boy. My wonderful DIL just told him "Don't worry. He's our son, we love him and we will do anything that needs to be done to help him reach his full potential." And that is what they have done. My grandson has been taught to work harder than you have ever seen a child work. Something as simple as writing a sentence takes time. He attends public school, has friends, just made the Honor Roll in the 4th grade and is a nice, happy person. My son is no longer a scientist, he is a full time househusband. Every evening he schools his oldest son for 1 1/2 hours. My wonderful DIL works at least 12 hours a day supporting the family. She also teaches the children religion. I am so proud of all of them. Thanks for listening.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations