SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mara_gw

Hard to know when to butt out......

Mara
23 years ago

My son and DIL take their two small children (3 yrs. & 10 mos. old) to hockey games, whenever their friends, with same age children, get tickets. I say, with the loud noise level of fans, and sometimes violent behavior of the players, which is becomming more and more common...that it is no place for these babies. Taking them out at night in freezing weather seems no problem to them.

I am very worried the puck will go flying into the stands (as I've read sometimes it does). They have some sort of shield up, but they announce at the beginning of the game that it could happen, to warn people.

We babysit often, and I've tactfully suggested they leave the kids at home, since they dont know what's going on anyway, and we will babysit them; so they can relax and have fun at these games. But, as long as DIL's friend takes her small ones, she will also. Son says, "dont worry about it."

Do you speak up when seeing a possible danger or problem, or keep quiet? I keep telling myself not to offer suggestions or advice to any of my adult children unless they ask for it, but in my case, its easier said than done!

Comments (14)

Sponsored