Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where are all the proud Grandparents......?

Posted by laurelann (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 28, 05 at 12:04

No one has posted a message in this forum for months! How come. We can't have run out of proud Grandma's and Grandpa's, have we?

My Grandson is 3 years old now. He had such a rough start in life, 10 weeks early, 3 lbs, 1 oz. He was in the hospital for nearly 2 months, with tubes sticking out of him and being fed breast milk by a feeding tube. But he's a tough little guy and just the sweetest boy. He's prone to pneumonia but he's really good natured.

And to top it all off, he loves his Grandmas.

Laurelann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where are all the proud Grandparents......?

That must have been a very scary time. It's such a miracle that all goes WELL! Glad he's ok.
My daughter just told us she's pregnant. She'll be 35 in Sept., and the baby is due in October. It's the first pregnancy. She's quite worried about her age. Anyway we're thrilled at finally being given the chance to be Grandparents!

o

Foggy, if this is your first time, you're in for a treat! Congratulations! Who knew that being a Grandparent could be such a rush? I think I should have bypassed parenthood and gone straight to being a grandparent. I'm so much better at this! Your daughter is going to have a wonderful pregnancy, and you are going to have a fine grandchild. I keep praying for the day my daughter tells me she's pregnant again.

This is my little guy:

o

What a cute boy! Great picture.
Funny how we have to go through parenthood, in order to get to be Grandparents. HAHA
The kids will be in Florida, about 8 1/2 hours away. they are moving from Colorado to Fl..
We are excited and we're thankful that nowadays there are so many ways to keep in touch. They didn't have all this technology when we had our children.
It looks like there were some good threads on this forum, I wonder what happened. Everyone's at the KT.

o

Where have all the Grandma's gone?
~~~~~~~

In the dim and distant past
When life's tempo wasn't so fast,
Grandma used to rock and knit,
Crochet, tat and baby sit.
When the kids were in a jam,
They could always call on Gram.
But today she's in the gym
Exercising to keep slim.
She's checking the web or surfing the net,
Sending some e-mail or placing a bet.
Nothing seems to stop or block her,
Now that Grandma's off her rocker.

o

Jonesy............I really like that!

Laurelann

o

This is a new forum for me- We are grandparents 8 times over, soon to be 9. Our newest daughter-in-law is about 36. So far she is doing fine except her feet and ankles are swelling badly. I told her to let her doctor know and to keep check on her blood pressure. Another DIL had a son at 43. She had some problems and had to spend her last three weeks at the hospital in bed. But she and the baby are fine, thank goodness. We love that baby!!

o

How lucky you are Gmom74, to have all those grandkids to love. And another one coming..........sigh! So far I only have the one, but I am thoroughly enjoying every minute of him. I just never realized what a joy a grandchild could be. I'm pretty sure my DD wants another one but so far she's being very closed mouthed about it. She's very private and I know she wouldn't tell me anything until she's at least 4 months along. But I will have faith and wait (im)patiently.

Laurelann

o

We have 13 grands and 5 great-grans and I love them all. But the grandmothers with only one or two can have a fun time buying things for them. My grand daughter wanted an expensive shirt while we were shopping together, but I couldn't buy it for her. She would take it home and her brothers would not have anything. At that time we had 10 living in our city. We had to be fair with our gifts and with 13 it can get very expensive.

o

Fortunately, Jonesy, love doesn't have to cost a thing! I only have the one so far, but last year I stopped working, so I can't spend as much on him as I used to. He doesn't mind, though, as long as Gwamma plays with him and reads to him and chases him and hides on him and finds him and................you get the picture. I'm getting him next week for March break and I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I can hardly wait though.

Laurelann

o

It didn't matter with mine whether I bought or not, especially when they were younger. It was my pleasure I was thinking of. :o)

o

I agree with you Jonesy. It is a pleasure. Whenever I think of my little Ryan, I always start smiling.

Do you have any pictures of your crew? Can you post them? I'd love to see them.

Laurelann

o

No I don't I'm sorry. We have reached the age where I decided it was time to give them their baby things. I thought my sons and their wives and kids might enjoy them. the only baby pictures I have are of myself and my husband at about the same age. It's a hoot, my husband has a dress on and a ring with a ribbon tied around his wrist. His mom said "why did I put a dress on that boy?". :o)

o

Just jumped over here from one of the many different forums which I seem to do alot and found this. I'm a 1st time gram and had just met our grandson. He is just soooo the sweetest thing, he's 3 1/2 months now. To my surprise I hadn't forgotten what it's like to have such a baby around (i had nine of my own). We came from a large family and the time before too. But he's at the age where he is observing and getting to know the world around him smiling, cooing like heck and gazing into who's ever eyes sre there to gaze into. The family's all together, which is far and few in between and loving every minute. S&DIL will be bringing him down in June (to spoil the heck out of) for a few days. They are such blessings...

laurelann, what a handsome young man...Jonesey love your poem...gmom,hope all goes well with DIL and to everyone else too...Have a great day!!!

o

Wow! Garden Momma, nine kids? I'm impressed! I only had one and just couldn't bring myself to do it again. However, the one I had turned out to be just the most beautiful young lady, inside and out. I'm just so proud of her. She is now pregnant with our 2nd grandchild and we are so excited about it. Unfortunately, she is having some spotting problems, but her doctor is not too concerned yet and she's feeling great, so hopefully.......!

Anyway, welcome to this forum! I can see you're thrilled with your little one. You are going to enjoy him so much.

Laurelann

o

Yes, nine, and sometimes Im surprised by it. After tha ninth I said I can't do this anymore and fixed that! LOL...but I'm very proud of them, they are wonderful kids... We still have four more yet to fly the nest, that won't be for a while...Youngest is 11, oldest 18 (she has 1 more year of high school).
How far along is your young lady? Does she have to have bedrest? I wish she and baby the 'best'.

Thanks for welcome. Hope to be here much!!!

Juanita

o

Kristen is about months along. Her doctor told her she could go back to work, but not to do anything strenuous. I think the most strenuous thing she does is pick up her son, although he's not heavy, he is getting clingy. I think he suspects somethings up with her. I wish there was more that I could do, but he won't come to me, just clings to her.
She also went through this bleeding thing with when she was pregnant with him. The only thing that worries me is that he was born 10 weeks early, and spent 2 months in hospital. I'd hate to see that happen to the new one. It's a very trying time for the parents, trying to spend time with the first while being at the hospital for the new one. Especially since the H is over an hour away. Exhausting for all concerned.

I'm starting to blather............I'll shut up now. Thanks for your good thoughts. I've told her all about the KTers and all their good wishes. She was very surprised and delighted.

Laurelann

o

Sorry Garden Momma, that should read that Kristen is 4 (four) months along. Duh!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here