Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help!!!!!! Missing grandparents

Posted by lauraleesidun (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 31, 07 at 23:48

I need some advice...
I have a son that is 3 years old. When I was pregnant he took off & left me. So I went through the pregnancy alone. Soon after I had my son, I met my current husband, & shorty after that we got married. Now 3 years later I had found my sons father on the internet. When writting to him I found out that he never told his parents that they have a grandchild. This really upsets me. Now I am trying to convince him to tell them. they are in their 60's & I am afraid they will never get to know their grandchild. I do not know where they live or their first names. They lived in a different state & I never saw them & this guy never talked about them. But he is close to them.Not that close I guess!
So is it wrong to want to find them & tell them. Wouldnt they want to know of their only grandchild? Should I mind my own business? What should I tell this guy to convince him to tell them? he is worried they will be mad at him for not telling them. He says he just never knew how to tell them.
Please help, I am so confused on what to do....
Sincerely, Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help!!!!!! Missing grandparents

I would leave well enough alone. He has not been a responsible father. Who knows what his parents are like. I think I would concentrate on my husband and child and count my blessings that someone as irresponsible as your ex boyfriend is out of my life.

What do you hope to accomplish with these people in your life? Do you want to visit them out of state? Do you want them visiting you? Are you prepared to get involved in grandparents' rights fights?

o

I agree, mind your own business. You may end up with serious, unmanageable problems. What if they insist their son file for custody, or they try to get visitation enforced by court order. Are you going to attempt to get child support? I think you should just keep this "other family" out of your life.

It seems life is good, for your, your son and your husband. Don't mess it up now.

o

I disagree, if I where those grandparents I'd certainly want to know and to get to know my grandchild.I would try to find them without pre-judging them and if their not interested well nothing is lost. A child can never have to many people to love them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here