SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
billmacparker

4 plus granddaughter

billmacparker
18 years ago

My wife and I are 71, we have had our granddaughter since she was 11 months old. We became her legal guardians 7 months ago. Her dad is in and out of her life and is a drug user, her mother lives in another state. She has visitation privilages but only come 2 times a year (Thank God). She(the mother) isn't a bad person only air headed. This Christmas she came with a ton of things, most of which are for children 7-8 years. Problem,since "Mommi" came, when our child,(because she is ours) is disiciplined she has started to say "I want my Mommi" . I know children do this, my own have used the same when they were small, now however it seems so spiteful, when we are the only stability she has ever had. DO WE IGNORE the remark or is there a better way. The child is smart, but strong willed

goes to preschool (the only real relief my wife has) does well in school, gets along well with other children, a real pleasure except we are older and have great grandchildren her age. Guess we don't have a problem. We support her totally with no help from parents.

Thanks for listening

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living