SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcrowex

is this wrong? maybe GP need to mind their own business

dcrowex
22 years ago

I have two pregnant daughters due about 6 weeks apart. When they were both together recently, they found they had both picked out the same name....actually the short version of the name is the same, but the long version is different. I thought it was great and told the girls it would be a good story in years to come how they arrived at the names and see nothing wrong with this. They are both having boys..both want their boys to be called "Max". One is for Maxwell, the other is Maximus. One of the daughters "inlaws" is having a real problem with this. Several of the members on the other side of the family do not like the name and think its wrong to have the babies named the same. I think its irrelevant - Max is a strong name and both girls should go with their choice for their baby. First of all, I would never, as a grandparent, cause one to doubt their choices and make them feel uncomfortable about something like this. I would just keep my mouth shut if I didn't agree (most of the time, anyway :)). Is this not unacceptable for the other grandparents to impose their thoughts this way and make my daughter question the name she choose? Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thx debbie

Comments (21)

Sponsored