SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jankin_gw

No good deed goes unpunished!

jankin
18 years ago

My middle daughter (45) married again - she had divorced her first husband - he was an alcoholic and sadly died of cirrhosis after the divorce (he had know he was dying but didnt tell anyone) They had 2 children - a girl now 18 and a boy now 15.

The second husband moved in while husband no.1 was still alive. Only this year did both my gchildren tell me that no.2 had been hitting the little boy (then 10) and no.1 had asked social workers to investigate. The children were told to say nothing.

No 2 comes from another country - he has managed to get my daughter to remortgage the house (which was paid for) to buy 2 properties in his country (supposedly for a holiday investment scheme) - now his family live in the houses.

My daughter had a lovely baby boy (now 2). Husband 2 will not go out to work - he is supposed to have a uni.degree which could be converted to UK standards if he passed some basic exams in English 0 although he has been here for over 10 years he refuses to do this.

OK so none of this is my business.

But every year since he moved in - the eldest gchaildren have left home temporarily because of his behaviour. My grandson has told me that he will kill him if he touches him again. Sometimes my daughter asks us to have him 'while things cool down'. He came to us before Christmas and again a couple of weeks ago. He is a lovely boy - studious, a loner, still grieving for his father.

He went back last week when my daughter decided to stay home for a while to try to sort things out.

Now - we are the baddies - she wont speak to us or allow the kids to apeak to us. It seems so unfair. She didnt even say thankyou or sorry.

How can I put this behind me (me 68 dh70)? Now I'm questioning everyone my daughter had told us about no.1 and feel so guilty.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County