Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Friday the 13th

Posted by mistybear11 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 18, 02 at 19:27

Did anyone here make the Port Dover trip December Friday 13th? I couldn't imagine how cold it must have been!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friday the 13th

Mistybear,

Where in the hell is Port Dover? Just kidding, it is actually about 15 miles west of us in southern Ontario on the Lake Erie shoreline. I didn't brave the colder than normal weather this time around and left the bike in the garage, I don't think that '63 panhead would have started anyway. The turn out was not great according to the locals I have talked to, the temp was around 28F, ouch, but a few die hards did make a run.

Last year if I remember correctly we had 2 Friday the 13ths, 1 around Easter, and 1 in the summer. Both a blast with great weather. Our Lions club makes more on the 13th selling bottled water than all of the the other fund raisers during the year put together. There was a bit of trouble at the beer tents this year, all the kegs froze, lol.

Maybe I will see you next year, I will be the guy in the black leathers.

Gotta go, more egg nog on the way.

Merry Christmas and good riding to you.

Canuckguy.

o
RE: Friday the 13th

Okay I get it you'll be the one in the black leathers. The one in April was cold. But there are always the ones that have to make a fashion statement. Most people had on winter coats and hats and other gear. The other ones were wearing short sleeved t-shirts. WAY TOO COOL for me. I was the warm one. The one in August was immense. PEOPLE EVERYWHERE! Just have to go see how many other people have the same desire. I just go to watch the people. Anything goes so this is one place where you never feel out of place. Don't want to go too often though it is just fun once in a while. BTW what are you doing on this silly computor on the 25th? Merry Christmas to you and now a Happy New Year. Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here