Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
From Massachusetts...anyone else?

Posted by
Andrea
(queenofdesserts@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Oct 31, 00 at 9:09

Hi,
I am from Massachusetts, about 20 minutes north of Boston in the Essex County area. It's a great place and there is a lot of holiday celebrations in the local towns. Salem Mass just had their huge Haunted Happenings thing. It starts the first week of October and runs through the whole month. I think Salem has more visitors on Halloween than any other month. They also have a great Holiday House tour as well as Newburyport Mass. Well, hope to hear where everyone else is from and how do your towns celebrate holidays?
Andrea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: From Massachusetts...anyone else?

Hi Andrea, this is my first time to check this forum and I thought I would say hello. I live in Chelmsford, MA. We have lots of holiday clebrations around this area. My husband and I will have been here two years this coming spring. We are basically Texans/southerners..but enjoying our stay in New England.

o

Hey guys! I'm in Wakefield! How'd we all end up on this page?! I'm a transplant from Philadelphia. I love New England.

o

Hi,
I live in Keene, NH, about an hour from Boston. We have the famous Pumpkin festival that is in the guiness book of world records for the past few years. It really is amazing. Look it up on the internet. I guess you could look under Keene, NH, or maybe Pumpkin Festivals. I know I've seen it a lot of places on the net.

o

I was born in Worcester, grew up in Westborough and I miss MA! We live in Maryland now...I've been here 12 years but my parents are still in MA (Shrewsbury) and Gram is in Milford...other family in Framingham and Hopkinton. One of my big goals is to get dh to the Vineyard and Nantucket...he's never seen anything like the beautiful MA seaside.

o

Hi

I'm from Lexington. You really shouldn't miss the reactment on April 17th. It's at 6:00 AM and really worth seeing,especially the kids. It really depicts what those brave colonists went through. Every year I see it my eyes fill up.

Earlier in our marriage we relocated to San Antonio, and then to Houston. We lived ther for six years. I couldn't wait to get back to Boston. I guess I'm just a dyed in the wool New Englander.

o

Living in southern Maryland now, but DH and I grew up in Longmeadow and Wilbraham, just outside Springfield. We do miss being there as all our relatives live within about ten miles of each other.

Haven't been at the table in about 1 1/2 years! Time flies so fast when I'm quilting - love it. I still see a few names from way back when.

o

Hey Lori, I'm moving to Keene in May. I was born in Concord, MA and I grew up in Winchendon, MA-which is about 35 minutes South of Keene, NH. Right now I'm finishing up college in Iowa. So it will be nice to be on the East coast again!

o

Hi Andrea. I know this is an old post, but if your still out there I just wanted to say hello! I see your in the Essex County? And you also mention Newburyport? I'm right next to Newburyport.

o

Hey Laurie, My mom is from Worcester and my Grandmother is from Shrewsbury. I live in Pittsfield but have been doing a little research on relocating to Maryland or Virginia. Would love to hear from you if you see this post.

o

I'm in Westford, grew up in Melrose (right next to Wakefield, as posted above)!

o

Wow this is an old post but I'm from Fitchburg and DD works in Winchendon at Dr Walls office. LOL. Small world.

o

Hi I'm from Rockport, we moved here 2 years ago from Chelmsford.

o

Hi Andrea (and Mary Jane especially) - I'm from Rockport, too. Just checked this forum for first time, and have been at KT for awhile. Don't post much, but enjoy it a lot. Travel a lot and love to come home again! Even tho my post is belated, welcome to the forum, and nice to see the Massachuetts posters!

o

Yup, Maynard, but retired to Florida. Summer in Brewster still though.

o

Greetings from Randolph on the south shore. Looks like I'm the only one here! Robin in Randolph, zone 6. Any singles out there? I am swf 46 5'7" no kids, no baggage, in great shape. Let's hear from you!

o

Hi, I'm from Billerica,Ma. I see a few people in here that aren't that far away. Gee,maybe we should all get together for lunch at a resturant sometime. That would be fun.
Dotty

o

Adding to the old post! Just moved back to Boston after 10 years. Grew up in Acton, plan to shell out a small fortune every month for a rental place in the South End...family in Acton, Gardner, & Ashburnham.........nice to see you guys from NE - I still think it's the most beautiful region of the country!!!

mel

o

Hi everybody........I'm from Malden now living in NH, it was a great town to grow up in some 25 yrs. ago........

o

Hi everyone. I'm from Fall River and I've lived here my whole life. I honestly don't think I'll ever leave the state. What can I say....... I love New England!

o

I know this is an old post.... I'm from Pittsfield also but I currently live in Savoy which is one of the hill towns in Berkshire county.

o

My goodness - its been a long time. As someone said - time flies when you're having (?) fun! Hello to all - I know there's someone else still here, cause I missed her and checked qnother list - RuthieG is still around. I had a lovely get-together with her and couple others about a year ago. Hasn't it been an awful winter?
I'm so glad to spring trying to arrive.
Not an exciting Easter this year - we're going to take a little ride up to Weston, VT to Vermont Country Store.
DH has been very ill, so its a little outing for him. (You just know he's always wanted to go shopping!)
Old Haffie.

o

I'm always late finding things, but had to add that I grew up in the Suffield, CN/Agawam,Mass. area.....still have relatives all around!! Someday I hope to get back up that way to visit everyone!

o

Funny how things come full circle..
I am also from the North Shore, like the first poster.

I grew up in Framingham, spent many years in NYC and Europe, and now live in Swampscott. It was fun living all over, but I love it here, too.

o

I live in Boston. I'd love to participate in a get together if there is ever one. I am originally from Maine, but haved live many places.

o

Havenewfs,
Hi!. I am not sure what forums you participate in here, but the Kitchen forum has been active in setting up local get togethers - we had one in late fall. Log in there occasionally if you think you might want to attend another (check conversations and discussions...)

o

Hi Havenewfs. I am also formerly from Maine and have lived several other places. What part of Maine, I am from Rockland now live in Reading. I am usually over in the Winter sowing forum and after all of this time just found this forum! If there is ever a get together I would come.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here