Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone Living in Florida?

Posted by Betty_The_Villages (bettyfl@cox.net) on
Tue, Sep 23, 03 at 17:38

I thought I'd jump in here and see if anyone lives close me or even in Florida somewhere?
I live in Ocala, now. We have lived in several cities in Florida. We have been here over 55 years. We just love it. We were from Pennsylvania. We love both states. But Florida seems to be best for us. I say us ..I am alone now , but my children are in Florida and I would not want to move from here.:-)
Gosh! I hope there are lots of you living near me?
God Bless!
Betty in Florida

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone Living in Florida?

The Shillingtons have moved to the Villages as well. have you met them?

o

I have not met the Shillingtons. Do they write on this forum? How did you meet them?
Betty in Florida

o

They moved there last year. I met them through Senionet computer courses at The University of South Fl. They do not post here.

o

This is a small world! But, so far no one living in Florida has jumped in here on this Forum. Maybe on another forum?
Thanks Mona, I just might look up the seniornet forums.
God Bless!
Betty

o

Hi Betty, I'm south of you, near Ft Myers. Carol

o

Carol,
I an so glad you wrote and added yourself to the Flotida group.
This forum is real slow at people writing.
I hope we can get it going more. We will have to tell people on the other forums about us all wanting to get together<:-))
Maybe we can get together once a year to meet somewhere if we get enough of us interested?

o

Hi Betty,
I am new to this forum. I found it from the kitchen forum. I currently live in Virginia, but am moving to Florida. I think I will really enjoy the weather. They just started on the house the beginning of this month. We will be living in Clermont.
Laura

o

Laura,
You will love Florida no matter what area. I now live in Ocala and like it very much. My husband passed away and I needed to be near friends and relatives.
Happy for you!
God Bless!
Betty

o

Hi Betty,
Thanks for writing back. I am sorry to hear about your husband. I'm glad you live near good support people now. I don't know much about the surrounding areas yet. How far away is Ocala from Clermont? Have a great day. Laura

o

I live and work (in real estate) in Citrus County Florida and love to go to the Villages for dinner. We enjoy the outside music festivities for a while afterwards. It looks like a fun place!

o

MzMint,
Nice of you to join us. So far not many live in Florida. Yes, the Villages is a great place to visit or live.
Betty in Florida

o

My children live in Pa, where I live now, but we've been seriously considering moving to florida this past year....my aunt lives near Orlando, and has for 24 years, and we might go visit her this summer sometime to see if we even like it a little!

o

Hi, Betty:

I posted something on the Retirement forum about active adult communities just today! Small world!

Anyway, next year my DH & I will be building at The Plantation, just down the road from you in The Villages. We looked at The Villages, but found it to be too big for us. Well, actually, I LOVED the place, but my DH wasn't quite as smitten.

I have an internet "penpal" who will be building in the Villages this summer.

Anyway, we are SO loooking forward to living in Florida. We live in Boston now, and the weather has been miserable!

Ellen

o

We live in Clermont now. Will be building in Groveland shortly. Know of any good custom builders in Groveland?

o

First time to this forum. Yep, I live in FL. NPR. However, right now I'm up in NJ driving slow in retaliation!

o

I just moved to Florida, Clearwater (Largo) from Pennsylvania Hope I like it, I'm sure I'll love the weather

o

I've just bought a home on Anna Maria...where I lived 18 years ago.
Will be moving-in October 1st!
I cannot wait to move back!!!

pghgrammy...it's only about 40-some miles south of Clearwater.

o

Gina and pghgrammy - I AM IN YOUR AREA!! Email me!

o

Gina,
I tried to e-mail you. I cannot find your e-mail address in your journal. E-mail me.
I since remarried and now live some south of Ocala. I live near Leesburg, Fl.
Betty in Florida

o

Hi Betty,
I'm in Winter Haven. I'ts in Central Florida. About an hour drive to Orlando and an hour and a half to Tampa.
Cyndy aka dogwoman24 :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here