Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Attention Iowa EARS.....

Posted by Pattico (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 7, 02 at 15:47

Maybe some of you in northern MO too....

The Covered Bridge Festival is coming up in Oct. at Winterset Iowa....

It is really a great Festival...lots of really neat crafts that are presented with so much imagination...You feel like you have gone back in time....

Great food boothes. Whatever you can imagine you'll probably find to eat.

I am planning to go...a non KT friend and I....

It would be so much fun to meet some of you....

Anyone interested in meeting there...maybe going on a tour through the house where..."Bridges of Madison County" was filmed????

Having your picture taken in the bathtub that Clint Eastwood took a bath?

Let me know if you are interested...Maybe we can get something going....

Patti

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Attention Iowa EARS.....

Patti,is that the bridge that an arsonist just burned down,or am I mixing it up with another one.We have a old covered bridge close to where we live and someone tried to set that one afire two days before that happened.It's sad that some sick mind could think of doing something like that.All that history and all of a sudden it's gone.If it is the same bridge,hope they still have their festival anyway.

o
RE: Attention Iowa EARS.....

Just checked back...(after a month...lol) Yes they are still having the Fest....they have several other covered bridges in the area...and supposedly are going to rebuild the one that was recently burned...

Anyway I am going....any other Iowa's gona be there???

Patti

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here