Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fellow Tennesseans

Posted by
DVisger
(jvisger@clarksville.net) on
Fri, Sep 10, 99 at 14:45

Hi, I'm from Clarksville, Tennessee. Anybody else from here or maybe the Nashville, Springfield or Ashland City area? Who knows , we might even be close neighbors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fellow Tennesseans

I'm not from near Nashville, but I'm 2 hours away near Knoxville!

o

Hi Leah,
I live in Clarksville, which is 30minutes from Nashville and about 3 hours from you. My husband works for Aladin Mills and he drives to Knoxville almost every day. I come up with him about once every 2 weeks. I love Knoxville. I wish he could get transferred and we could move up there. I love the mountains!

o

I had to comment. We just left Knoxville in June after having lived there for 2 1/2 years. We found it a hard city to make friends in. Everyone seemed to have been born and raised there, went to UT and then stayed. Everyone had their families there and it was just hard for us. I really hope that this isn't the way all Knoxvillians are. But it sure was the way most of our neighbors were. The only friends we had there were also "transplants". We lived in on the south side of Kingston Pike off west of the Mall.

o

Aww I do hate it that your expraince with us was not as good as it should have been. I have always found this to be the freindliest city I have ever been to.

o

Hi Tennesseans! I live in Mt. Juliet, just outside of Nashville. We found a house in Clarksville that we really loved and built one similar to it. If I could, I would move to Knoxville in a minute. We have friends there and come quite often. I love the mountains and I love the Vols!

o

Hi Marilee! I've been to Mt. Juliet a few times. I like to visit some antique places there. My DH travels to Knoxville quite often on business and we are hoping to get transferred there in the very near future. It has always been a dream of mine to live in the mountains. How can anyone live in TN and not love the VOLS!!!!

o

I was so glad to see your reply! I am real new to this! I found the forums by accident one day and have had the best time looking at receipes, decorating and so forth. You sound like you and I would have a lot in common. I love antiques and like nothing better than to go looking for them. Have you ever gone to the Nashville Flea Market? Not near as good as it used to be, but definitly worth going. We have a small farm, and have 2 donkeys, a burro, 1 horse, a pet pig, 3 dogs, and a cat. I quit work three years ago, but still stay really busy with 3 grandchildren who love to come and visit. Happy Holidays!

o

Hi Ya'll. I'm from Nashville. Somewhat of a Tennessee fan. Born and bred here. Live on the southeast side of Nashville (LaVergne). Work 2 1/2 miles from home as a Human Resources Manager (love my job). Good to see some other Tennesseans here. Kathy, sorry you didn't feel good about your experience in Knoxville. My aunt & uncle live in Powell, and they love it there.

o

He there y'all what a lovely forum! Tales about Knoxville strike a tender cord-one of my favorite friends lives there, I visited, fell in LOVE with the city/area & vowed to take her up on her offer to move in till I could find a place of my own. Life has it's own agenda, but since then I acquired a place near the Cumberland Gap & am looking forward to a vacation next month. Plan to do more than a little job hunting while there, too. Anybody from that neck of the woods?? It would be lovely to say hello & have a cup of tea or coffee, wouldn't it? And no, I'm not wierd, a fruitcake, bizarre, etc. I like normal real well & "corney" and I have been old time friends, if you know what I mean. Feel free to email me..kt.

o

Just wondering if I can be an honorary member from Kentucky. I live in Murray, which is in extreme western Ky. The tale goes that when our area of the state was being surveyed, the surveyors (inebriated) veered off course and jutted down into Tennessee, so really we were supposed to be part of Tn.! We're very close to you in Clarksville in fact one of my best friends is a nurse practitioner there. Also, one of my employees and her new husband will be moving there in May. He will be working at Trane. My brother and cousin live in Nashville, so we visit there frequently. Furthermore, another one of my friend's in-laws live in Knoxville. We try to go to Gatlinburg at least once a year.(We made our first trip to Knoxville when it hosted the World's Fair.) Concerning the Nashville Flea Market...yes, it has gone downhill big time..what's up with that? (New ownership??) We have a jewelry store here and I have been a travel agent for 12 yrs. I just found this site tonight and can't stop browsing through! Just what I needed..another distraction!:o Besides the other aforementioned occupations, I love geneology. In fact, my mother authored two books last year that trace several of our "Tennessee lines". It is called "Back Then" (Vol. 1 and 2). See you all back here in the near future!

o

hello all. i was born and raised in dickson which is really close to clarksville went there many times as a child and my best friend in high school went to AP and i would come up to visit her. my parents still live in dickson and my sister and her husband live in nashville. i lived in nashville several years after i married my ex but hated it very unfriendly and everything is rush rush. i now am living in beautiful east tennessee jonesborough to be exact and i love it up here the mountains are just beautiful. as for the comments on knoxville it is a GREAT place to visit and shop love west town mall but i wouldnt want to live there just too big im small town all the way.

o

Hi all! I was born in Cookeville and raised in Sparta. Left there in 1979 and have only been back a couple of times, but I miss Tennessee SO much! I now live right outside of Birmingham, Alabama in a town much the same as the one I grew up in. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and we are hoping to get up to Chattanooga sometime this fall.

o

Hello Tracy and Becki!! Tracy, I go to Dickson quite often. It sure has grown alot over the past several years! Yes, I also love East Tenn. I go up to Knoxville and Galtinburg as often as I can.
Becki, I know what you mean. I left Tennessee for 10 years and lived in Wisconsin. I liked it there, but Tenneessee has my heart, so we moved back.

o

Hi yall!
I am on the other end of the state,over here in Northwest Tennessee. GO VOLS!!!!

littlebit

o

Greetings from West Tennessee. I live in a small town (Bradford - Doodle Soup capital of the world and home to the Class A high school girls state champs)we're in-between Memphis and Nashville. Aprx. 1 1/2 hour drive in either direction. Also love we're within a day's drive to the mountains, like to go there in the spring and fall. Lived here all my life and love it.

o

Okay, okay, not living in Tennessee but that's where my heart will always belong. My mom was born and raised in Clarksville and she met my dad when he was stationed at Ft. Campbell. My dad attended Austin Peay State University after the 101st Airborne. Right before I started school my parents moved to Iowa for better jobs. However, every summer I would spend three months on a cove off the Cumberland River near Dover with my grandparents. So many wonderful memories. My mother lives in Clarksville now near her mother. My father lives in Ashville NC, so I drive through Nashville & Knoxville on every visit. Tennessee is a very special state and will always hold a special place in my heart.

o

WOW Carrie, your Mother and I could be living close to each other! It sure is a small world sometimes!!

o

Hi DVisger, I live in Kansas, which is a long way from Clarksville [654 miles to be exact]. I know that because I'm from Clarksville, too!!! I graduated from APSU and worked in Hoptown [you know where I mean!] What a small world!!!

o

Hey Donna! OU SOONERS!What's a Vol? LOL. Girlfriend, I need to talk to you about this trip I'm taking to Tenn!! Am I gonna get to meet any of these gals?

o

Audrey, when you get here we can go anywhere you want!!! And the Vols are short for the University of Tennessee Volunteers! When you get here you are gonna see alot of orange!!!!!LOL!

o

Hi I am from Dyersburg, TN born and raised. It is in the far northwest corner of the state.

o

i was raised in memphis, tn. never really liked it that much. so i moved to new orleans, la for about 5 years. now i'm currently living in chattanooga. i came here to help my grandmother out and to go back to school. i'm really having a rough time here. i'm finding it very hard to make any friends here. i've been here for 9 months now and have made no friends. everyone is so involved in their own life. it seems everyone i come across is married with children. and the ones that aren't are 17 or 18 yrs old. i am a single 28 year old and am finding it hard to find any friends here. i'm a very fun person. but no one here seems to want to take the time to make a new friend. any suggestions?

o

This thread is fairly old and may not get another hit but I had to put my two cents in since I'm also from Dyersburg...what a small world! GO VOLS!

o

Old or not I am too putting in my 2 cents too. I am in Lafayette. Ky less than 20 min from clarksville.

o

This is me again and since i first started this thread, I have moved to Memphis. We have only been here a little over a month and I am still trying to find my way around! Any of you in Memphis or the surrounding area can give me some pointers on where to go and what to do here? I have spent most of my life in Clarksville and nashville, and in the eastern part, so this area is very new to me.

o

I am a mis-placed Tennessean living in South Korea! My husband is in the military. I am from Franklin. Went to school at MTSU. I'm missing home about now! Only 17 months and 4 days until we return to the US!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here