Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ya'll from the south part 2

Posted by
HWMCMM
(HWMCMM@aol.com) on
Wed, Sep 12, 01 at 9:03

It's beginning to look like an SEC get together.
South Carolina here. Where else can you say HOW ABOUT THOSE COCKS & not get dirty looks. Traveling Gamecocks fans here

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ya'll from the south part 2

Hi HWMCMM,

It's not SEC, but I used to watch Austin Peay when they would play Samford in Birmngham. Their students would cheer "Let's Go Peay" (pronounced pee), funny for two small church schools.

I was born and raised on Chula Vista mountain, St. Clair Co. AL, "near" Birmingham.

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God!

o

LOL@the Cocks! Well, I don't like particurarly like those Cocks! *hehe* GO VOLS :)--I think we both could say...Gators need to just stay in the swamp, though ;)!

o

How about those Cocks... lot's of us down here in Alabama are not laughing after at the Gamecocks after this past weekend... Ouch.

o

How about what Georgia did to Tenn? The Gamecocks walked over Ky, look out Razorbacks, You are next!
Oh by the way, ov40pirate, we both are Penna by birth but Gamecock fans by choice. We've followed the Gamecocks or 20 years now. This is the year of the Gamecocks, afterall 2001 is our theme song.

Mac & Carol

o

Go Dawgs.

o

That GA/TN game was torture for us TN fans...but ya' can't win them all...(I guess!)

o

Can't win them all? Well, as an Alabama fan I remember a time when it seemed we did... LOL

For those of you who may be reading this thread entitled "Y'all From The South" and wondering how it got off on football, you have to live here to understand.

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God.

o

Well those Razorbacks sure stopped the Gamecocks winning streak. They looked like the same team but they sure didn't play like them.
Oh yes by the way..... If you are flying somewhere, check with the airline the day before the flight. We checked Fri for the return flight on Sun and there was no problem. When we arrived at the airport 8 AM CST we were told that the flight was cancelled and that we should have checked sometime Sat. We were at the game GRrrrrrrr We were booked on another flight which was scheduled for boarding in 5 hours. Since we already returned our rental car there was no where to go. That was the longest 5 hours we've spent anywhere LOL

Mac & Carol

o

We'll be in Tenn by noon tomorrow. We normally stay in Sevierville. One of the places we always stop is the German restaurant in Pigeon Forge. We were told that they have moved. Anyone know where it is now located? Join us for a drink or two & maybe even a polka. We'll be the couple in Gamecock Garnet & Black LOL

Mac & Carol

o

Hey Mac,
While you are traveling around to all those football games, would you keep a look out for Alabama's football team? It seems like they are missing, at least in the fourth quarter every week.

o

LOL I'll be on the LQQK-OUT for them.
How about the Bear's record being tied?? As a Penn State-er
I also follow those Lions but they seem to have taken the Gamecock's place in the loser's bracket. OH Well!!!

GO COCKS

Mac & Carol

o

Well, as for the Bear's record being tied, Joe Paterno is a true gentleman and a class act. He has said he is not in the same league as Bear Bryant, but that is exactly what Bear Bryant would have said in the same situation.

I think that Bear Bryant will always be considered one of the best, if not the best, coaches of all time. Joe is up there in the same category. I just hope Steve Spurrier never stays in the game long enough to approach the record. His own momma would probably pull against him.

o

As a football fanatic (GO VOLS!)who occasionally checks out the decorating forum here, I was surprised and pleased to find this thread. While I profess to bleed orange as do most Vol fans, I can find a reason to pull for most any SEC team when they aren't playing us....except the Gators! No matter how I try I just can't manage it. Sure were some upsets this week-end with several previously undefeated teams going down... Wonder what next week will bring!

o

Oh well, the trip was, as usual, a great one. Carol got to practice her hobby - - - -SHOPPING!!! BUT WE LOST!!
WE WAS ROBBED!!! LOL It was really a very tight game from kick-off to the last second on the clock.
Next week it's a make-up game. I guess they had trouble finding a majoy college so we will be playing Wofford.
OH Yes. Joe did it He passed the Bear. Records are to be broken but that doesn't take a thing from the Bear. Look at the results of his career. He made many marks in history.

Mac & Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here