Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wording on Baby Shower Invitation

Posted by chrissay (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 05 at 8:23

I'm putting together my sister's baby shower and am filling out the invitations tonight. I was wonderfing if anyone out there has some ideas on a creative way to state that in lieu of a baby shower card, "mom-to-be" would like you to sign a favorite children's book. I received an invitation (way back when) from someone who did this and I thought it was a marvelous idea.

Any creative writers out there?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wording on Baby Shower Invitation

we are doing this for my daughter's shower and came up with this: "you are cordially invited to help us begin little julia jane's library. please consider bringing an unwrapped, new or gently used copy of your very favorite children's book, inscribed by you, for any age range. her brand new bookcase will be at the shower, waiting to be filled!"
a friend and her daughter are providing the bookcase as their gift, and i am enclosing the little blurb on pale pink parchment with the invitation.
what do you think?

o

Mollyjanea,

The wording is great and I love the idea of having a book shelf for the gift at the shower! Thanks so much for your response!!

Christine

o

Learn How To Make Invitations.

Your baby shower party invitations can be individualized with baby shower favors. All you need at prices you will love: invitations & greeting cards 20-30% off. Quiz the mom-to-be what her color theme or nursery theme is and then go with that for the shower. Ask the mother-to-be whom she would like to invite. Anyone can write and edit entries, so be for sure that the invitations on line are coming from a well known invitation establishment. Baby boy or girl, you can now add your baby's photo for no additional charge on the baby shower invitations. Asking friends and family to chip in is also a good way to throw an inexpensive baby shower. A lovely selection of baby shower invitations is good to have when trying to find one that matches your theme.

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby Shower Invitation

o

That's a really wonderful idea! I didn't know what the original poster meant by signing a book until there were response. I guess I would have been terribly confused if I received her invitation.

o

Every dark night is followed by a bright sunny day. So, patience and attention is required and things will be fruitful in near future.

Baby Shower Invitations

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here