Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need family reunion games

Posted by tinawiener101 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 03 at 1:19

i need some inexpensive games to play for teens adults and of course children... i have already gotten the basic ones like croquet,badminton , tag, duck duck goose and anyother game i can think of but i need more... especially ice breakers for around 50+ people....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need family reunion games

oooh.
we used to play this one at youth retreats as an ice breaker game. what you do is give everyone a slip of paper and tell them to write something about themselves on it (ie: "i have a dog named sparky" or "my middle name is gertrude") something preferably that no one else knows. then put all of the slips in a jar, draw them at random and read them aloud. try to guess which slip goes with which person. (if you're the competitive type of family, like mine)...when a person guesses correctly, give him the slip of paper to hold... the person at the end of the game with the most slips is the winner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

another one you could try is one that my little brother made up, kids love it. it's a crossd between capture the flag, tag, and hide-and-go seek. first you choose a spot to be the 'prison' and then you choose a 'home base'. one child is chosen to be IT. all of the other children cover their eyes while IT hides the treasure (this can be anything: a shoe, toy, stuffed animal or even a person if someone can sit still that long). the object of the game is to try and find the treasure without being captured by IT (IT captures by tagging). if a person is captured then they have to go to prison. the prisoners' teammates must then rescue them* before the treasure can be claimed. if the treasure is claimed before all prisoners are rescued, the person who found it must be the next IT. and the game goes on.

*a person rescues a prisoner by running to the prison, takeing a prisoner by the hand and running as fast as they can back to base. if they let go hands or one gets tagged before they get to base, they must both go to prison. a prisoner is not free until he touches base. a person may only rescue one prisoner at a time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here