Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
welcoming new neighbor

Posted by treeskate (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 19:20

We have a new neighbor across the street (several young kids and a new puppy.) They have a lot of people helping them move in and already trimming away overgrown bushes etc. The new owner previously helped take care of the gutters, etc. for the very elderly couple, who have now both passed away and the house sold by the neice (childless couple.)

So my friend next door to the new people does know the man and his children, as she helped her elderly neighbor communicate with the man when jobs needed doing. They are so excited to have gotten this house in our neighborhood and he will be able to do the many things the house badly needs (more than cosmetic.)

I would like to take them a welcome basket after I see that they are actually moved in, and introduce myself. I am a single 58 yr professional woman. I just want them to feel welcome to our area.

Any suggestions as to what would be appropriate? They know the town very well already.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: welcoming new neighbor

homemade baked goods or house plants are always appropriate. More people should do what you are doing.

o
RE: welcoming new neighbor

How about a basket with spagetti, sauce, bread sticks ... for a quick dinner. Then perhaps pound cake for dessert.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here