Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Virginia Beach

Posted by Jenny_IL (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 11, 01 at 18:06

Does anyone live in or have been to this area?? I am thinking of going to Virginia Beach on vacation at the end of August... Does anyone have any good hotels to stay at or not to stay at??? Or does anyone know some good things to do and see around this area?? Any advice is welcome!
Thanks!
Jenny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Virginia Beach

I have lived in VA for almost 20 years, but I have never been to VA Beach. I have another suggestion for you. We always go to the beaches in Delaware (Bethany, Dewey, Rehobeth) or to Ocean City, MD. Part of the reason, it is much closer drive-wise. I haven't heard too many good things about Va Beach-I think the area around the city is kind of rough. I know Va Beach is also the largest city in the state, and to me that means crowds etc.

We stay at a place in Bethany Beach called Sea Colony. They are beach front condos. This area is called the quiet resorts since it is mostly families and the town is pretty small. Ocean City, MD is only about 10 miles away with a million restaurants/bars/activities & a big boardwalk.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sea Colony

o
RE: Virginia Beach

IMO, VA beach is tacky, low-class, and frankly, I didn't feel safe there. NJ has some lovely beaches--Cape May, Ocean City, Long Beach Island. The Delmarva Peninsula has some interesting areas--Delaware's beaches are nice. If you're looking for a VA vacation, I'd recommend Williamsburg/Bush Gardens or the Skyline Drive. Or perhaps you might enjoy heading to the Arlington/DC area--lots and lots of great things to see and do there.

Have a fun and SAFE vacation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here