Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
*Delaware*

Posted by Kathy_in_Delaware (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 02 at 20:35

Hello out there, just checking if anyones from Delaware or nearby Pa or Md. Ive lived in all 3 states. Would love to hear from any of my neighbors .........smile.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: *Delaware*

Dover, DE here. Just moved here last year from Northern Virginia and am glad to be here. Love the friendliness of the area, low cost of living and more house for the $$$. Place we had in NoVA was smaller and cost twice as much as our new bigger place.

o

Hi Kathy........I live in Delaware also. Am originally from Pa and have been here for about a year. It's not really been that drastic of a change.....only real difference is it is cheaper to live.........and more land for the price. How are you coping in this heat wave? I think the fish in the pond think i'm cooking them!

o

Hi Kathy, My father was a minister when I was a young child and I was born in Brookville, Pa, moved to New Castle, Pa, Then Clinton, Pa, then Easton, Md all by the time I was six years old. I think Maryland was great. Now I have lived in NJ for over thirty years. I think all the states are great. My uncle lives in Dover, De. which is only about an hour and fifteen minutes away now that Route 1 is complete. Kathy (sparrow)

o

Thanks for all the replies. Im located in Bear just outside of New Castle if anyones familiar. Although I love this state, I find that most of the people pretty much keep to themselves. Im a stay at home mother so I dont get to socialize much. Us SAHM are a dying breed.
How about this cool weather were having, glad for the break from the heat, but yet Im not ready for summer to be over. Only made it to the beach to camp once this year.
Hope to hear back from you guys and some other new "neighbors" :)

o

Hi Kathy.I live in Newark................................right down the road from Bear. Small world. The heat has been horrible..........too hot to spend much time outdoors. Like the summer but the humidity I can do without. How old are your kids, I give you a lot of credit staying home, it's not an easy job. I don't have children................my sister has 6 so I live vicariously thru her..................that's all the stimualtion I ccantake and than I return to my nice quiet house! Betty

o

Hi Betty,
and Happy Belated birthday!!! Yes it is a small world.We really are neighbors lol.
How long have you been a member to the Garden web forums? Ive been a paid member for only a few months but lurked for well over a yr. Some of my other favorite forums are the KT and the crafts and decorations, I visit both of them regulairly. Altho I do visit the rest from time to time.
So which is it MBNA or Dupont that you work for lol. Everyone here seems to work for either or lol. Have you lived here all your life?
Drop a line when you can!

o

Hi KLathy sorry it took so long to respond......I tend to get lost in this site..............can never seem to find my way back to the same place. Thank you for the birthday wishes.....birthdays are so much fun! I have only been a member of theg arden club for about 1-2 months.....I found it quite by accident as I have a pond and had ben having a problem with snakes killing my fish. I went on-line to see what I could do to get rid of the snakes and came upon this site.......have stayed with it ever since. As I love to garden but have more property now then I've ever had. I love the different areas and have learned so much about how to care for the pond, etc. I have only lived in delaware for a year. Prior to this, I lived in Delaware County, Pa. I actually work for neither, surprising but true. I am a consultant and travel a lot. How are you coping with this heat? My Garden and grass are like straw....we really needed this rain. My vegetables and flowers are drying up.....I can't stand it. How was your summer? It seemed to go by so quick. I can't believe it's almost september. write when you can.......Betty

o

This is an old thread but I'm a new member, so I thought I'd pop in and say "hi" from slower-lower Delaware! I'm in the Millsboro area and have lived here 6 years. I'm really liking this site and community!

o

Tanama,
Thanks for the response. Glad to have you aboard. One of the best things about Garden web forums is keeping posts alive even as old as this one is :)
Im not familiar with Millsboro. Is that below Dover? Do you ever travel up the New Castle/Newark way?
Kathy

o

Hi Kathy..I live in NY, however we have a camp in Delaware that we brought 2 yrs ago. The camp is in Lewes. We are about 7 miles from the Cape May Ferry. We get to camp about 30 days total for the summer. We love the Delaware area & when hubby retires in less than 3 yrs, we may make a permanant move!! We love the area to camp & the Ocean & to fish.We are leaving this Fri for 5 days. It is a 61/2 hr drive that we have gotten used too!!Wendy

o

Hi everyone, I live in southeastern Delaware, three miles from Bethany Beach, and very close to Millsboro. Have a great day.

o

To everyone in the Delaware burbs:

We live in NJ (originally New York) and are considering a move. Everything in NJ is getting too congested and way too expensive. We'd like info on suburbs that are still commutable to the city to take the kids for the day. I hear you get more for the money in Delaware and that it's beautiful. Any thoughts for us ?

o

I live just over the border in PA. I am about 9 miles from Namaans Rd. I used to work in Delaware on Concord Pike across from the strip mall where the Giant is. My brother lives in North Wilmington. I live in Delaware County. I shop in Delaware alot, was in Home Depot and Lowes just last Saturday.

o

Just found this OLD post. Anyway, I'm just over the DE / PA border, about 15 mins. from Rts. 202 & 1. I shop alot in tax free DE.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here