Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone living in Puerto Rico

Posted by silvi6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 07 at 16:12

Hello,

Is anyone living near the Caguas area??? My husband and I moved down here about ten months ago for his job...we are planning to be here at least one more year and then go back to the main land...

We live in the Caguas area and are about 20 minutes from San Juan. The neighborhood where we live is pretty quiet, neighbors are nice but don't find them very hospitable...thus a bit challenging to meet and cultivate new friendships... most of the people I have met live in a resort community about 30 miles from us and it gets old to drive there most of the time if I want to do anything fun with any of them.

Anyhow, thought to post this just in case.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone living in Puerto Rico

I don't but I was in San Juan a few weeks ago. It was nice and the people were very friendly, but I didn't get off the tourist track. I was surprised when told there are American colonies all along the coast where we docked.

o

silvi6--- hi.... are you still in pr??? what was your experience? would you go to live again...? we are considering a work stint in puerto rico, but there's lots to consider, esp since we have never lived outside of us.

o

It's very dangerous. I met a woman on a cruise whose brother married a woman and moved his dental practice there. He has a gun in every room of his house and his office. Carries a gun at all times, has security doors on his office. His kids went to college in the US and now they won't go back and are trying to get their parents to move to the states where it's safe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here