Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moving to the big state of Texas....

Posted by patty_cakes (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 07 at 2:36

To be more precise, beautiful Austin, Tx! Anyone on this forum live there? What area? Are you a native or a transplant? What do you love the most? The least?

Share your favorites with me, please. TIA ;o)

patty_cakes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moving to the big state of Texas....

Hi I'm in Tyler in East Texas. It's a pretty town and just the right size (100,000). Austin is in such a nice part of the state, the hill country and I hope you're happy there. Welcome to the Lone Star State.

o

I am just now reading your post. By now, I'm sure you've already moved to Austin. I'm from Dallas and a native Texan.
I think you'll love our wonderful state.

East Texas is absolutely beautiful with lush pine, oak, sweet gum and dogwood trees everywhere. The springs there are heavenly.

The hill country is a wonder. You are right there, so you must check it out, and go to Fredricksburg,Texas. Maybe you'll run into Willie and the boys!

Take a drive to Houston via College Station, Texas, home of Texas A&M University. Visit the George Bush Library while you are there. By the way, LBJ'S Library in Austin is definitely worth a visit.

Sometime take a trip to Padre Island by way of San Antinio. You will love it.

Dallas, Big D, has so much to do and see....Texas Rangers , Dallas Cowboys, the Stars, the Mavericks, Texas State Fair in October, Lone Star Race Track, Kennedy Museum, Six Flags and on and on. Welcome to our great state. We're glad you're here!

o

Welcome to Texas! I live in San Antonio, but lived 20 miles south of Austin in San Marcos for about 3 years. I think you'll just love the beautiful Hill Country...that, and the live music...those are definitely my 2 favorite things about Austin. I know you'll receive a warm welcome! Best Wishes!

o

I'm only 80 miles from you. But, I lived in Austin for 5 years. Loved it.

Expensive to live there (for Texas), but so much to do for free with the family. You will want to plan every weekend.

The hiking trails are awesome. The town is very casual.

We belonged to a very large church and soon we knew almost the entire city of Austin.

My niece went to High School with Willie Nelson's Daughter. Also, the famous Southwest Artist Pena. John Connally attended our church. Ladybird lived on the Lake near our home.

You bump into famous plan folk all over the place.

There are Blue Holes, Caves, Rock Climbing and Lakes. I could go on.

Go to the Oasis on Lake Travis and watch the sunset and thank God he has bought you to Austin, Texas.

o

I never lived in TX so i can't offer you any insight, but after reading this thread, it sure makes me wish I did. I live in MD and so want to head left. There is a little bit of the left-coast in me. I could hang out in TX for a while though. I have an uncle in NM. If I ever get there to visit him, I know I'll touch TX.

o

Patty-cakes,
are you still in Austin area? Hope you love TEXAS as I do.But then I'm a native living on Lake Fork, National Champion Bass Lake! Love all of TX.
Yee Haww, Annie

o

I LOVE TEXAS!!!! Somehow I came across this *very* old post, and I AM in the wonderful city of Austin~~I can't say enough about Austin, the people, the beauty, and at the moment, BLUEBONNETS! I've been to many of the surrounding small towns, and to the Round Top Antique Festival. I even have a space/booth in a local antique mall(Round Rock). Yes, I *DO* love Texas!

HEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWW! ;o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here