Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
75th Birthday Celebration for Mother ideas

Posted by nita1950 (My Page) on
Sat, May 13, 06 at 9:08

My mother will be 75 years old this summer. She has been the anchor for the family for many years. She has always been single and have cared for her children always even as adults, raised 3 grandchildren and is currently caring for 3 children under 4 years old at their home.

We want to do something special for her birthday and at the same time make it affordable. Her only children are me and my sister (one died a few years ago)and 10 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren.

The adults will meet soon to discuss what we can do. We want to surprise her and invite old friends from the past. We kind of want to have a dinner at a hall or somewhere. We do need to keep the prices reasonable and ask all of the grandchildren, they are all adults to chip in and share the costs. So me probably won't be able to or might not follow through (you know how that is) but my sister and I can't afford this alone. I need ideas of your experiences, whether you were a guest or planned such a party. We also need ideas on what memories can be created as a result of this special event.

Thanks for your responses. I am on my way to shop for mother's day gifts and probably won't be able to respond back to you until later this evening....going to dinner also.

To all of the mother's out there, have a Happy Mother's Day!

Nita

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 75th Birthday Celebration for Mother ideas

Nita,

Our family had an open house type thing for my mother's birthday one year and used her church's dining hall. There are 5 of us kids so we all pitched in and brought the food. We had ham and Kentucky Fried Chicken and split that cost. Everything else we made ourselves and I think the grandchildren even brought a few dishes. We had lots of salads (macaroni, potato, cole slaw, and assorted gelatin salads) and baked beans, rolls, relish trays, etc. My SIL made a fancy birthday cake for her. We put pictures up(some that were in frames were stood up on the table) on the bullitin board of her and the family through the years. We invited any of the church members and her neighbors/friends to drop in and I think it was from around four o'clock until eight. This was for her 85th. birthday and she really enjoyed it We took LOTS of pictures! We also put up a few decorations but they aren't expensive. It's nice your doing that for your Mom.

o

Thanks Mary,

These are some very helpful ideas. I appreciate your response. Sounds like you had a nice event for your mom.
I am going to share this at the family meeting.

I hope that you had a nice Mother's Day.

Nita

o

I liked what you did for your mom's b-day. My mom's b-day is coming up she will be 75 years old.. My sister and I are planning a nice b-day dinner for her .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here