Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone from the frozen north-MINNESOTA?

Posted by
mpeterson
(mom_peterson@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Apr 27, 99 at 22:52

Hi,
I dont suppose anyone is from up north...
Am I alone?
Mary...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone from the frozen north-MINNESOTA?

It's my first time at the Get together forum...
Nope, you're not alone. I live in Minnesota, not northern MN tho'. I live in Blaine, about 20 miles north of Minneapolis. Where in MN are you?

o

My first time on this forum. Does being an Ex-Northern person count. Spent 13 years in Bismarck ND. Now in Tx.
Have a daughter in Tammy's town, Blaine MN. and another who converted a born and raised ND into a California lover. Also lived for a year in MI. Cold caught up with my hubby and I, just too cold in ND for our bones.

o

New to this site. Does central Wisconsin count? I think we can shovel and shiver with the best!! Nice to meet you!!

o

Hi, I'm in norhtern Minnesota. Bemidji, MN Home of Paul & Babe!! Nice to see I'm not alone on here.
Norma

o

Hello - I'm also from MN. Live in Princeton, but work in Elk River (I bet you couldn't figure that one out!)

o

Hey Norma,
I lived in Superior, Wisconsin for a while and I went to Bemidji a couple of times. We had some friends there. I'm back in the south now, which is where I'm from originally. I really liked northern Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin especially at Christmas. We hardly ever get snow at Christmas in Tennessee. Even when we do, it gone in a couple of hours.

o

Frozen north? Where we are, you live in the warm SOUTH! LOL. We live in Edmonton, Alberta. Now that's cold in the winter. Actually, they are predicting a warmer winter this year. Hope so, but I do get tired of shovelling.

o

I'm from a small town in Northern Maine, on the Canadian border. We have snow here six months of the year.

o

Kathy and I can meet you somewhere -- like Florida in January!!! Central Wisconsin gets pretty darn cold.....

o

Hi there, I live in Minnesota too. In the northwestern suburbs of Mpls a small town called St. Michael to be exact. Nice to meet you...Where do you live?

o

Hi Mary,

I'm from the frozen North. I work in Onamia. Are you familiar with the MilleLacs Lake area? Just when I thought we would get spring, it sure got cold again. How far north are you?

Kay

o

Kay -

Since you work in Onamia, ever hear of the Art McMullen family? Just wondering. The daughter is a friend of mine from the past.

I'm in St. Louis Park.

Sheila

o

Sheila,
No, sorry I haven't heard of that family but I have only been around here for three years. Even though it is a tiny community, I know few people. I will check around.

I spose the cities is nuts with people coming in for the Final Four games?? I must admit, I haven't been to the cities since last April when I had back surgery at Abbott.

Kay

o

NW Wisconsin here! Tiny town on Hwy 35 called Luck, if you can believe it. We are about 90 miles NE of the Twin Cities.

I just found this site this evening...nice place. =)

o

Not from MN but will be visiting Minneapolis for work soon -looking forward to exploring the area. Hope to see the sights! (not sure what the sights are yet but will soon find out)

o

Linda,
Make sure you visit the Mall of America. I've only been there once myself. Minnesota Zoo and Como Park Zoo are also options. Science Museum too. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Kris-yes, I believe it, I know where Luck is. Were you affected by any of the storms that went through last week?

Kay-MN

o

I'm from St. Paul, but haven't been there in a long, long time. Wish I could be there for Christmas.
I live in the Mojave Desert in California now.

o

I'm from the frozen north of Eastern Montana, altho it was a gorgeous day nearing 70 today. A rarity for Montana in November.

o

WOW-WE! It's good to hear from other people from MN.
Hi every one. I haven't posted hear before so I thought I should start somewhere. I'm from Otsego, MN. Just outside of Elk River. It's nice to see people that live and work in close towns like St. Michel, Princeton, and Maple Grove.
How about this weather we've been having over the last culpa of weeks. Can't complain compared to what it should be like.

o

I don't think you would call it the frozen north today. I live in Duluth and it's raining today. Big snowmobile race this weekend and there's no snow. Makes winter feel a little shorter with the nice weather.

o

Hello from Moorhead!

Ohhh and for those of you who don't know where Moorhead is, do you know where Fargo is~ LOL

Take care and enjoy this site it has some practicle and priceless information to be found here!

James D. Van Raden
Paragon Renovations and Development
Moorhead, MN
paragon_renovations1616@msn.com

o

I live in Cottage Grove, MN. about 15 minutes from St. Paul and am new here too.
Pam

o

I leave near Brainerd MN.

o

I'm from Dilworth (suburb of Moorhead).....LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here