Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Georgia Get together soon.....

Posted by
Marty Ga
(mfr11@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Mar 27, 01 at 10:42

I have e-mailed with some of you and we want to get together soon. NitaAz is coming to town the end of May or first of June. We want to met and have her join us, so we can all get to know her. How does this sound to you? How about a suggestion of where to met? We have thought of Mall of Georgia or some where close to there. Also, how does a week-end day suite you? Let's hear your ideas. We want all of you that can to please come.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Georgia Get together soon.....

Okay where is the Mall of GA?? I live about 6 hours south of Atlanta...

o

I live in the Atlanta area, and would love to meet! I think I live not far from Nita's daughter. Mall of Georgia is fine.

Orchid, the Mall of Georgia is north of Atlanta, maybe about an hour from downtown.

o

the Mall of GA is going to be quite a hike for you, Orchid. It's up around Braselton, north of Atlanta. It'll be about an hour for me to get there (I'm on the East side of Atl.) the Mall is okay with me, but if there are other folks south of Atlanta like Orchid, we might need to find someplace more central.

the weekend is much better for me generally, as i work during the week. but if everyone else prefers a weekday, perhaps i can swing a day off.

looking forward to the get together!

o

How about Macon, in the center of the state?

o

I would like to come...but, not to throw in a complication...weekdays are better for me...but, I'll go with the majority.

o

I'm in South Georgia too. About 20 miles from Florida by I-75. Weekends are great for me.

Talia

o

Well, you know if I can be there, I will be! I just suggest not doing it on Memorial Day weekend, if possible, as many people have family stuff going on... (and I have to work! :o( ) Anyway, there are at least 2 people from TN interested, and Diana from NC, I hope, so it's not just South GA we need to think of. Still sounds like Central Atlanta might be easier, (though NOWHERE in Atlanta is particularly easy in traffic, so we better consider the hours of the day that we meet!)
At any rate, wherever and whenever is fine with me, except not thrilled with Macon.... anywhere else around or near Atlanta is fine with me!
(P.S. For those of you going to Mall of GA, are you going up 985 instead of 85? I find it faster than straight up 85--- just take the Buford exit and go east 'til you see the mall! A little less traffic on 985 than 85 during rush hour, too, but it's only one exit up off 85....)

o

Has anything been decided about this? I have not heard any more about it.

Talia

o

Marty - northwest of Atlanta
Orchid - very very south Georgia
Daisy - Atlanta
Yertle - east Atlanta
barb - Macon
Renee - ?
Talia - south Georgia
PollyAnn - somewhere near Atlanta
Diana - North Carolina
? - Tennessee
? - Tennessee

So, it looks like Atlanta or somewhere north of Atlanta would be the majority. I would volunteer to host the Get Together, but I have two cats & two large dogs, so I'd be concerned about them causing allergies/ jumping up on people/ leaving muddy prints on lovely dresses/ being generally annoying.

o

I have no problems with large dogs or cats. I have had a few that were generally annoying all the time, even without strangers around. I think that if we can get this arranged it will be a lot of fun for all involved.

Talia

o

Sorry I have been so long getting back. So far no decisions has been made. Let me hear some suggestions. I would not mind at all having everybody here, but I think it may be out of the way for many. I am 40 miles north of Atlanta, but it is interstate highway all the way. I-75 and then 575. How about late June? My DH has had an accident and has a broken ankle. I hope he will be well or close to it by then. June 23 is on Saturday. Anyone like or dislike that date? Now where do you want to meet? How far will you drive? People, people, work with me!! LOL!!! E-mail me if you like. I am open to all suggestions.

o

June 23 is good. I may be in the area anyway since my parents live in Alpharetta. I think Atlanta or the suburbs would be good since it is pretty easy to get to from anywhere in the state.

Talia

o

Well darn it, when I saw the post at the KT, I got excited! As I was getting ready to head in that direction myself real quick! Had thought, as one of the "Old-Timers" at the KT, I might get the chance to meet a herd of you! LOL. Liz, if you respond to this, give me a holler ok!

o

Aunt Audrey, when are you going to be here? We would love to have you drop in. What part of the state are you going to be in? If it is not at the time of the get together, there still might be some of us that could meet you somewhere. E-mail me.

o

Marty, she is going to be here in Tennessee with me and we are planning on coming your way!!!! It should be sometime next week or the next!!

o

Wow, A real get together with real people? Since I have NO idea what happens at a "get together", could someone inform me. Although I mostly hang out over on the GardenWeb area I do come in here to make sure enough people dislike me! Hmmm come to think of it, If the right people showed I could be maimed or something! In any case, getting me to actually come out of The Swamp and meet people would be a stretch....

o

Hey... is anyone still interested in a get together? Heck, even if we just all met up at Decatur Square & enjoyed a pint together...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here