Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Southwestern PA ?

Posted by
HeatherPA
(twilight@dp.net) on
Mon, Mar 8, 99 at 5:52

While I was searching through the West Virginia thread I saw a few posts from Southwestern Pennsylvanians... Thought I would bring it out as a thread of its own!

I live in the Belle Vernon Area (Interstate 70, Routes 51 & 201) and commute to downtown Pittsburgh everyday.

I enjoy wandering around thathomesite & gardenweb and reading the postings. I'm into crafts and plants so these sites and all the ideas people have are just perfect!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fields of Heather

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Southwestern PA ?

Hi Heather ... Belle Vernon, huh? I lived in Bentleyville
for the first 23 years of my life, the next 25+ my family
has lived in Oakdale, about 15 miles from Pittsburgh. I'm
into crafts, do a lot of shows and festivals throughout
the year; really enjoy it ... keeps me young! My favorite
part of thathomesite is the kitchen table ... really nice
people gather at that table! Stop by for a chat sometimes.

o

I live in Beaver County near the Beaver Valley Mall, and also commute into Downtown Pittsburgh every day. (although, I am currently trying to find something closer to home, 8 years of sitting on Grentree Hill in the morning is long enough) If you like to search sites on the garden web, you may have read a post that I did on a job I am hoping to get.
The post is called wish me luck!

o

I live in Beaver Falls close to the Ohio border. Worked by
the Airport for 12 years then opened a craft shop in New
Brighton. Keeps me busy and I love jumping in on the Crafts
and Decoration board as well as checking in on the Kt and
Garden spots. We may get enough responses to have a reunion ourselves huh? I met Sue on a craft spot and she
makes beautifulllll angel pins as well as wreaths with tea cups. Such talent Bev

o

Hi, I am Gloria and live in Point Marion, PA which is on the border line of PA and WV on the pan handle on Route 119. I am one hour from Bell Vernon. I am 90 min. from Pitts. This is a small world.

o

Hi, I live in Smithfield, probably close to Gloria. I work in Morgantown. I love to do crafts, but have never sold any, just do them for friends and family. I go to every craft show around Morgantown and Pittsburgh. Also love to garden, and enjoy the gardening web.

o

Hi Neighbors!! I live in Cheswick (about 18 miles?? ENE of PGH). I just replied to the previous message "Anybody on the east coast" before I traveled farther down the page and saw this message from southwestern PA. My hobbies are crafts, genealogy, etc. Glad to see there are such nice folks in my part of the country. Now "younze" keep in touch, OK???

o

Hi, I am from Johnstown Pa, do craft shows in my area, but shop in Pittsburgh for a lot of my supplies. If anyone knows where I can buy mushroom seagulls, please let me know. Thanks

o

Hi I am from Scottdale. About 30 minutes from Belle Vernon. Great store there, Gabes! lol. I love to vraft, sew and garden.

o

Hello All,

I am from West Newton PA. just minutes from Belle Vernon. I found this web site when searching for places to list 2 new web site I have just designed. Both sites are for Craft shops in West Newton. Clay Pots N' Sticks has just opened and features great home decorating crafts, herbal soaps and more www.westnewtonpa.com/claypots. West Newton Hometown Crafts and Antiques is a consignment shop where local crafters can display and sell their work. They have a very large store and are always glad to see local crafters come in with 'stuff' to sell.

Here is a link that might be useful: West Newton PA

o

Hi, there,
Good to see such a nice bunch from SW PA. I live in Waynesburg, home of Rain Day in July. Really enjoy the crafty forums here. I do a lot of sewing, gardening and do play around with crafts. Latest favorite is mosaic. Was born in Beaver Falls and made many trips there and to Johnstown to see my grandparents when I was a kid. Still have relatives in both towns. Live on a farm and have six grandchildren who like to visit and work in a garden center in the spring. Great to meet all of you.

o

Were any of you touched by this week's flood? I've just spent two days helping my spring employers at the local Agway. We have been sweeping up mud and debris and trying to clean up the stock that is kept outside. Water was waist high in the garden center and carried off a lot of things and piled dog houses, frames of raised beds, etc. up against the fences. Will take a few more days to get back to normal, then a lot of work in the spring to replace the raised beds and perennials that were lost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here