Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canadians?

Posted by
Kathleen A
(MIKE_ANDERSEN@bc.sympatico.ca) on
Wed, Feb 10, 99 at 14:13

Hi, I live on the west coast of Canada near Vancouver. I like quilting, stamped cross stitch & recently teddy bear making. I have a pet cockatiel named Joey. He is 15 years old.

Love to hear from other Canadians on this site!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canadians?

Hi Kathleen, I live in Nova Scotia. My hobbies are reading and surfing the net, I have two dogs, a 2 yr old black lab called Jake, and a 7 yr old German shepherd called Comet.

o

Hi all,

I am from Edmonton, Alberta. Have been surfing in this site for months, especially at the Kitchen Table. I love classical music, craft, reading, movies, house plants and dogs (especaially my papillon Stoney and he is 2).

Rita

o

Hello fellow Canucks
Katheleen I just came back from Victoria, my first visit ever to B.C. Had a great time even tho it rained almost everyday, but it was a nice change from the cold and snow here in good old Saskatchewan. Happily married for 16 years, 3 kids, love snowmobiling, cross stitching and the internet.
We have 2 cats whom are terribly spoiled and loved to death.

o

Hi - I'm glad to see other Canadians join in this site! I'm from Gibbons Alberta which is approx a 1/2 hr drive NE of Edmonton. I have enjoyed visiting here and have participated in the HOLIDAY site! Just love visiting here. I have 3 grown children and 1 beautiful GrandD of 7 months. Happy Valentines Day everyone!

o

Hello! I am Canadian too! I live on Vanc. Island and am originally from Saskatchewan. I like to read, walk with my Dog (a 10 year old Cairn X) and play on my computer. I only found thathomesite about 2 weeks ago and already I think I am going to have to get a housekeeper (I spend far too much time at the K.T.,SUCH A GREAT SITE). I also have 2 cats, at least I think I still do, I better leave my computer and go check. Here kitty, kitty, kitty!

o

Hello. I'm a Newfoundlander currently living in Ontario (get moved about a bit, my dh is in the navy). This is my favourite site. Married, 3 children, 1 cat and 1 dog.

o

Hi, Canadians!
I live in the US, Montana, just 7 miles from Saskatchewan. Hello from down south!

o

Hi: I am from St.Catharines which is near Niagara Falls.It is nice to have a connection to share yourself with others.
I am a creative person and will try all kinds of arts and crafts. My favourites are sketching, crocheting, knitting, sewing and creative writing. I have been on the internet for two months and find it very exciting. I am a card and scrabble buff and my husband does not like to do this so I have found people to play in the gaming zone. LOVE IT. It is interesting also to find about other people from different places. Keep writing down your thoughts and likes. I like it.

o

I'm from Oshawa, Ontario, and love crafting. I especially enjoy cross stitch, anything with a glue gun, and miniatures. Being able to combine them all is great! Jackie

o

Hello! I'm from Red Deer,Aberta.Originally from Saskatchewan.I ran into this great site this morning. I'm retired & enjoy my pet cockatiel bird, doing cross stitch,needlepoint & various crafts. Great to hear from other Canadians.

o

Hi there. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Simply love this home site. I love to craft-mostly woodcrafts and cross-stitch. Funny thing though-havn't touched either one since I discovered surfing the net. (about 2 months now):) I am married, two kids and a dog. This site really does feel like home.

Sandi

o

Hello I to am from Nova Scoita.

o

Hello!!! From Toronto, Ontario. I enjoy cross-stitch, cycling in the summer, and surfing this site. It's Fabulous!
I especially lone The Kitchen Table. Great Jokes!

Hey! Anyone seen the film "Office Space"? Talk about Funny!!!! Reminissant (spell check!!!) of 9-to-5. I think.

Great to hear from all Canucks!!!

o

Hi, Kathleen!

I, too, am in a suburb of Vancouver, BC! I enjoy knitting, quilting, sewing, x-stitch, baking, I have yet to try stamping, but I've heard it's great!

I have 2 cats, a husband, and trying for baby #1. Please give me a shout! Maybe we can get together some time!

Tara O'Connell

o

Hello I'm from beautiful NovaScotia.I am happily married for 27 years ,two grown children a black lab named Whiskey.love to read, lately been at the kitchen table forum love to do anything thats fun .just had our first grandaughter ,what a wonderful feeling that is.

o

Hi I am from Oshawa, Ontario and will soon be moving to Bowmanville, Ontario. We just bought a new house there.
I enjoy my computer (way to much) I enjoy wathcing TV and also spending quality time with my 4 year old.
Nice to meet everyone here.

o

Hey everyone! I live on Vancouver Island, in Victoria. I have two fat cats, a great finace, and a dire love of vanilla ice cream :-) Nice to meet all of you! Niki

o

Hey Kathleen!
I live in Oshawa, Ontario. I've been married 18 years, 3 children and one dog. I love doing all kinds of different crafts. I am a volunteer at our community park, organizing special events. Monday I start training for school bus driving. By the way Sharon from Sask. I clean houses also. So anytime you want to fly me out to clean house for you, Just give me a ring. LOL

o

Hey all!! I'm currently living in St. Catharines Ontario (Judy!! Maybe we're neighbors!!). I've been here for about a year and half. Prior to that lived in Toronto just over 8 years. Moved there from Saskatoon Saskatchewan where I was born. I'm 32 and have two cats and two dogs. The dogs are a recent addition to the house, so the cats are not too happy, but they are surviving!!

I love to do all kinds of crafts...quilting, rubber stamping and whatever else I see that I want to try.

This is a great web site!!

Gee...maybe we should plan a 'rendezvous' with all the Ontarians around the Toronto area...or for anyone who would care to meet up. Always enjoy meeting new people!!

Take care all!!

Janice

o

"Oh Canada, my home and native land ..." Yes, I am a fellow Canuck who lives in a small farming community called New Hamburg, in Southern Ontario. I am formerly from Alberta, and miss the Rockies VERY MUCH!!!!! The highest peaks around here, are made from cow dung!!!!! I don't think that I will ever get use to the "soupy" air around here, and miss the cool, crisp air, that the Chinook Winds would muster.
I have a husband, who is a real "egghead", (an Astro-Physicist), and two hormone stricken teenagers. Nathan will be turning sixteen on April 19, and Eden just turned 14. Living with two teenagers is like living on a rollercoaster!
We have three, very spoiled cats, named Abigail, Leroy, and Baby Oreo - you guessed it, she is black and white. We also have a "wild" hamster named Wiener. Wiener has chewed her way through two cages, and has attacked all three cats - she definitely is a hamster with attitude!!!

o

Hi all, I'm a former Newfoundlander (from St. John's) now living in Prince Edward Island. Married, two kids, aged 3 and 7. Love genealogy, photography, reading and my computer. Any other PE islanders out there?

o

Hi!

I'm in Rainbow Lake, Alberta. I think I get the prize for the "Most Northerly Canadian" unless there is someone lurking here from Yukon territory or the NWT. I am originally from the Red Deer area.....and I sure do miss it.
Becky

o

Hi!! I'm Niki's sis, from Vic. I am Canadian.

o

Hi All! I'm from the Greater Vancouver area as well (Surrey). When I was younger, I lived for 7 yrs in a VERY small town on the central coast called Bella Coola. Anyone ever been there? If you like the wilderness, this is the place for you.

Have a good day!

o

Hi Kathleen i too am a fellow Canadian from Nova Scotia.
We all ready two things in common where we live & our names..... Kathy (Kathleen)

o

Hi all,
I am from a place called FENWICK< ONTARIO. It's close to St. Catharines (Niagara region). Its always nice to meet new people on this site! Have a nice day.
Shirley

o

Hello (Hey) neighbours. I am originally from the interior of BC (Quesnel). I moved to Vancouver when I was 19 and stayed on the lower mainland for 10 years. My family and I then family moved to Vancouver Island near the Comox Valley about eight years ago. We reside on a beautiful lake and live in our dream home. We love it here, but you do have to get used to the rain.

o

Hi! I'm from Montreal, Quebec, which is not far from Oshawa, and Toronto, Ontario. I love movies, and gardening, and bicycling, and I have a VERY spoiled, loved cat.

I read an idea about a 'rendezvous'. Think it's a great idea, not just for people from Ontario. Bye for now.

o

I'm orginally from Wawa Ontario but now have lived in Edmonton AB for the last ten years. I usually visit the single life forum since I'm single, actually divorced. I'm 37 and have 3 teenage children. I enjoy music, working out, swimming and socializing with my friends.

o

Hi fellow Canucks! I was born and raised in Prince George, B.C. (not far from Nancy) and we moved to Edmonton about 3 1/2 years ago. I love it here, but I miss the lakes of B.C. I think it's funny that so many people here think that all of B.C. is like Vancouver, rainy and wet. Prince George and Edmonton have pretty much the same climate. Cold in the winter and you never know in the summer.

o

Hello everyone, I am from Nova Scotia, married one year, love making wood crafts and painting.

o

Hello, everyone. I am from Simcoe and am glad to see so many fellow Canadians using this site. I have a dog a cat and really enjoy surfing the net , needle point knitting and crochet. Does anyone know of any great Canadian site for searching ones family history?

o

Hi everybody! I live in Downtown Toronto. Love the city. I have a dog (11 yrs) a cat (recently adopted me) and a really great husband. Just recently discovered surfing and I'm having a great time. Talk again

o

• Posted by
    Bug MD
    (bug@zrk.net) on
    Thu, Dec 9, 99 at 18:38

Hi everybody I now live in Maryland (By Washington D.C.) but I was born in Athabasca Ab and lived on Vancouver Island spent 14 years in each. You guys are sure making me homesick. Merry Christmas everybody

o

Hi folks - I am now the most northerly Canadian to respond to this from Yellowknife, NWT! Its -46 with the wind chill today and winter is doing its thing to us - driving us indoors to do the things we're too busy to do other times. For me, its quilting, crafting, learning new techniques for crafting ideas from this site (craft exchange). I discovered this site three weeks ago and simply love it. We should have a thread on this called 'Canadian interests' or some such thing. My other passion is cruising the net for other crafting-sewing sites. I'm a grandma who is discovering the therapeutic benefits of simply creating. So good to see all the Canadians respond. Happy New Millennium

o

Hi, everyone! I live in Mississauga, Ont, which is just west of Toronto.

I'm 34, been happily married 11 years, with 3 fun kids. I love to cook, read biographies and shop! Well, I do other things as well, LOL

Nice to meet you all!

o

Hello everyone, I am from northern Ontario, near North Bay.
I am happily married with 6 children from 5-22 yrs. we are farmers and love the land.......I enjoy outdoors, small animals, camping, travel and my computors.......Just found this site but I will be back......Faith

o

Hi everyone. I'm from Greely Ontario (about 20 minutes drive from Ottawa). -25 with the windchill today, and no snow..this is so depressing.

I'm almost 48 (next month), 2 grown children, 2 granddaughters - one is 6, other is 2 weeks old!
One orange/white kitten named Moxi.
One husband (2nd time around).
I love reading, some gardening - mind you, I've told my husband if he digs one more flower bed he's going in it!, I crochet blankets - find patterns too fiddly, am going to start tole painting classes in February(already signed up) and I like being outdoors whenever I can.

OH, I was born in Halifax Nova Scotia, and grew up on naval base in Dartmouth.

Patti H

o

Hi everyone.I'm from Kenora, ontario. We are 2 hours east of Winnipeg. We have 3 children a dog and a hamster. I love cross stitching and have just learned to knit.
Bye for now
Bev

o

Wow - I just finished reading everyone's two-bits - you all sound like great people! I am happily married and we have 1 dog & two cats. I also have 3 God-Children - 2 identical twin 6-yr old boys that live 20 minutes away & 1 little girl in Laval, Quebec (I used to live there). I live in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island - born & raised here. I enjoy life to the fullest & love nature, camping, biking, fishing as well as ALL crafts, cooking, baking, reading, and my computer. I discovered this site about a year ago & it still overwhelmes me! My printer is constantly smokin'! Take care! :-)

o

Hi everyone.

I live in Ontario close to Georgian Bay. I have 2 grown children. but still have 2 dogs and 3 cats at home. My husband of 24 years works in a factory and I work in a home for developmentally challenged adults. Crocheting is my stress relieving hobby. Glad to meet ya all eh

o

Hi everyone,

I'm in Surrey, BC with my husband and we are owned by 2 very spoiled cats, who run the house. I love quilting, rubber stamping, gardening (when its not raining!) and playing with my two fur-balls. I'd love to get a dog someday also.

Glad to see so many Canadians here!
Take care everyone, Anne

o

Hi everyone, Iam a SAHM of 3, 2boys 13 and 10 and a little girl 4, I love this site, I live in Bowmanville, my hobbies are candle making and dried flower arrangements, and anything country. Hope to meet some of you soon. Elaine

o

Hello I'm Danielle H! I've been on this site for a year and a half. I love to cross-stitch, sew, garden, be on the computer (especially the KT), and look after my pets and DH. We've been married for 6 months. We have two cats, Luna and Wren, one hedgehog, Heidi, and one goldfish, Percival. :) We are expecting our first baby in August. We live in Calgary, Alberta. It was wonderful to read about all of you! I'm just so proud to be a Canadian! :)

Danielle H

o

Hi, I live in Kelowna, B.C. Canada-glad to see other Canadians on this site, though everyone is so nice!

o

Hi to all you guys who live in the best country in the world!!! I'm from Newfoundland AND live in Newfoundland; I have lived in Nova Scotia and British Columbia but home is where you leave your heart and my heart will always be here.

I have three beautiful daughters, just one husband, one spoiled male neutered cat with an attitude,named Molly (long story, there). I love gardening, reading, cross-stitch - learning, really - walking, yoga,and decorating everything I see.

o

Hi! i'm 45mins north of CALGARY, I am a sahm to 11mth old garrett.

o

Hi, my name is Tracy, I'm from Winnipeg. Married 7 years, 2 kids, son Madison, 5 years old, daughter Katelynn, 18 months. Hubby is in the army,he's been here for 10 years. I've lived here all my life, and I love it! After my husband retires, we hope to move to BC, and build a log home. He's originally from Prince George, BC, and later moved to Berwick, Nova Scotia, so we have a great time on holidays, we see the whole country!

o

Hi everyone. I live in Thunder Bay Ontario--the very top of Lake Superior. Grew up in Toronto, moved here 25 years ago. Most of my family live in Nanaimo so I visit there a lot. And my son is moving to Ottawa next month so I guess I'll have to travel there more often.

o

Hi everyone! WOW I didn't realize how many Canadians were here. I live in Cornwall, Ontario which is 1 hour from Montreal or Ottawa and we are a border town to Massena, New York.. I am married have two darling little boys and two cuddly young cats, one just came home today from major surgery! I devote my summers to gardening and like to golf, crafting, adore animals, and have a garden and pet related business at home. This is my first visit to Get-Togethers forum and just thought I would introduce myself too!

o

Hi,
I live in Swift Current,Sask. but am on the move to Medicine Hat,Alberta as soon as we can sell our house. I'm a recently retired teacher and my husband is a golf pro. We are moving to the Hat to manage a par 3 golf course and a grass green putting course.I enjoy golfing, cooking and spending time at our cabin at Cypress Hills Provincial Park.Love this site. Especially the recipe forum.

o

Surprised no one has posted on this site for awhile. I've been watching "Who wants to be a millionare" and last night one contestant didn't know where the Klondike Gold rush happened--she said United States and lost I think $6-8000, then Regis admitted he thought it was the U.S. as well. Serves them right. Why is it that Canadians are so much smarter than Americans when it comes to history etc. I am sooo happy to say I AM CANADIAN.

o

Hello,

My name is Shellse, born in Manitoba, Grew up in Saskatchewan, Lived in Edmonton and Calgary, Ottawa, Kingston, Quebec, and now back in Winnipeg, Manitoba.. Great Country isnt it!!!.. Live with hubby of 9 yrs, have a 3 yr old son, and 2 yr old daughter,, 1 golden retriever, 1 cockatiel,(one more on the way, along with a parrotlet,, can't wait!) A 30 gallon aquarium, a gold fish in bowl and a 2 gallon aquarium with 3 frogs. My hobbies, are camping, computer,, and whats listed above, hubby, kids, animals!

o

I am Canadian!!! as well. I live in Owen Sound, on Georgian Bay. I am 48, have 2 grown up sons (one living at home for another couple months, the other away at University), & 2 dogs (a Plott hound and a Samoyed/Border Collie cross). My DH & I have been married 28 years, lived in the same house 25 years. I enjoy a little bit of all crafts (knitting, sewing, crocheting, cake decorating, glass etching, ceramics, NOT painting (lol). I'd like to learn to do stained glass. It's wonderful to hear from Canadians who are proud to live & work in the country.

o

Hi all! I'm Maria from Calgary.....originally from Ontario (Toronto & Owen Sound). I'm a mommy to 15m old Bridget & hubby Mark is a trucker.....he gets to drive the mountains twice a week!! (shudder) lol

Nice to hear there's so many of us proud Canuks here, and just LOVE the This Hour Has 22 Minutes bit "Talking To Americans"!! Too funny to see the Governor of Alabama wishing us well on "preserving our national igloo in Ottawa", and 25 year veteran professors from Yale congratulating us on "stopping the polar bear hunt in Toronto"! LOL!! Sorry to any Americans who read this, but you just gotta admit.....it is pretty funny!! ;-D LOL

Take care,
Maria :-D

o

yup, canadian here! i live on the west coast of canada too.
hmmm, i wonder if i know you?

o

Hi! I was born in Sarnia, Ontario, then moved to Edmonton, lived in Aruba, then Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary and finally out to Beautiful British Columbia on the Island.
I just love it here and yes, we get rain, but also snow and ice and sunshine. Can grow beautiful gardens and vegetables and fruit. I live here in a suite downstairs in my parents house. We have two burmese cats and two Jack Russell Puppies who are the love of my life.
I like to read, cross-stich, be on the computer and read boards and check out sites and also play games.
I am in awe with the amount of Canadians here. Wow! So nice to see so many.

o

Hi, I was born in The Netherlands and came to Canada at the
age of 7. Have lived in Wallaceburg, Ridgetown, Cedar Springs, Blenheim (SW ON) and also near Newmarket & Bradford
(Holland Marsh) I came to Toronto in 1967 to take nursing and stayed except for the 4 years we lived in Oshawa (which I still miss) Married for 28 years, 2 kids, DD 25 and DS 23. I enjoy this puter, reading, xstitch, collect Precious Moments figurines. I see a few familiar names on this thread, namely Janice from St. Catharines, Jan from NS, Alice from NS, Kathleen who posted just ahead of me and also Diezy from Oshawa from another board. Currently live in Scarborough which is part of the city of Toronto.

o

Hi All;Gerry from Nova Scotia;Canada (Cape Breton).Happy to join the crowd.Gerry

o

Add me to the list! I'm originally from Thunder Bay, Ont. & have lived in Ottawa for the past 10 yrs. or so. Love That Home Site!

o

Hi, I live in Port Colborne, Ontario, about 20 min drive from Niagara Falls, and Buffalo. Enjoy the HomeSite. I love to do all sorts of crafts.

o

Yet another one! I'm from the west coast too, maybe you're my neighbor.

o

Hi from Halifax, Nova Scotia.

o

Hi I'm Canadian too...I live in Regina, Saskatchewan. andits pretty darn cold herre. I have 3 kids (all girls) Happily married. Have a dog I love having fun with my kids, love crafing, cooking for my family, outdoors, tennis and raquetball, hanging out with friends, and simply love my computer. Yup Eh!!! Canadian is where its at.

o

Hello: I live near Chatham, Ontario. Married 38 years, 3 kids, 4 grandchildren 2boys-2girls. Love to craft anything.

o

Hi, I'm from Toronto, Ontario... lived here all my life and was thinking of perhaps moving to Ottawa in the future, I'm not married yet and I don't have any pets but I plan on getting a dog in the future..

o

I was born in ESPANOLA ont and now reside in BELLEVILLE ont and will be moving to INDIANA in Jan to get married. Love crafts,my grown kids,my 2 cats, and of course my Fiance lol.

o

Hi fellow canadians I also live in St. Catharines, Ontario. I am happly married witha 2 year olsd son. I am currently going back to school. It's nice to know there are soo many canadians out there.

o

Hi everyone. I'm new at this--I live in M.O.N. Ontario--better known as the middle of nowhere!! In the middle of Haliburton and Bancroft Ontario. Love to craft and love that home site.

o

Hi everyone!
So nice to see my fellow Canadians here!
I have moved all around Ontario and now call London home.
Anne (Ernie), I am not sure if you ever check this thread, but neat to see that someone else has lived in Blenheim! It's a great little town.
I just have to say it's nice to read all of the posts from people all across our great country.

Happy Holidays,
Chris

o

Wow, so many Canadians!!! I grew up in (as Homegal says) M.O.N. I too grew up in Haliburton area - lived there for about 19 years. Do I know you???

Since then I have lived in Toronto, Sudbury, Ottawa, and lastly (and permanently!) in Newmarket. I have travelled from one end of the country to another, so I am able to picture a lot of the places listed as home by people here.
We really do have a beautiful country, don't we?

I have a DH & 2 daughters, 9 and 6 and a German Shepherd, 2 years old.

I come from a family of "crafters", everything from quilters, knitters, painters, seamstresses, and my father was a master wood craftsman. Needless to say, I enjoy just about any craft that I have tried, and am very into sewing, painting, and dried florals.

(Homegal, e-mail me if you like and let me know where you are from - did you go to HHSS, and if so, when?)

o

Hello, I am from St. George, New Brunswick. We are known to have the "Best Drinking Water in Canada".

o

I AM CANADIAN!!!! Grande Prairie, Alberta here. I am 22, single mom of a wonderful little boy (2), and am going to college for office admin. It is great to know there are so many other canadians out there that use this site. I love it.

o

Hello! From Seaforth, Ontario 52 minutes from London, Ontario. Originally came from Lindsay, Ontario. Homegal you live in my old stompen grounds ever heard of Irondale hid some wild parties up good to hear from you all

o

Just read though this entire list of Canadians here and it felt I was reading an old address book - mine - and places I've lived. Willow River (not far from Prince George, Vedder Crossing, Penticton (plus others)in B.C. I've lived in Wimbley (just west of Grand Prairie, Ed'ton,Red Deer, Calgary. Sask - Regina, Yorkton and I won't even try to list at least a half dozen others. Winnipeg (current for the last 20+ yrs. Ont (3 Places), Quebec - Mtl, St. Jean. N.B. (2) Been to N.S. & P.E.I. and to top it off, I've lived in Arizona & no, I wasn't an Army Brat(lol, but I've probably lived in more places than most. 1 husband, 5 kids, 6 grandchildren (so far). Hobbies - Crochet, cake decorating, candy making,gardening, and now my 'puter. LOL. After having just traveled from the west to the east coast, I'm exhausted.......Dian

o

I am from Montreal, Quebec but live in Portland, Oregon now. I AM A CANADIAN at heart and always will be.

o

Hi: I'm from Red Deer, Alberta. Watch your sports on TV as they are going to do a tribute to hockey in the very near future and it will be from our small city. Have lived here for 31 years, so consider this home. Have lived in Ontario, Quebec, and Germany and was born in Saskatchewan. We're all so fortunate to be able to call ourselves Canadian. It's a great country!

o

Hi from another Canadian. I live in Orleans, which is a suburb of Ottawa, and moved here five years ago from Montreal (the West Island area). Years back I had lived in St. Catharines, Ontario, for seven years. But I'm a Montrealer at heart. It's a fabulous city. I like knitting, hooking rugs, and I used to do a lot of sewing. I made a gorgeous bassinette for my daughter when she was a newborn. It was then used by my former sister-in-law's baby, and then by my two granddaugters. I still have it - maybe one day a great grandchild will use it. I have two cats, one who is a lovable orange cat who has the habit of lying on her back motionless, and a little Siamese who's full of the devil.. I love this site too.

o

Hello fello Canuks? Born and raised in Montreal - live in BC now. Ditto - GREAT COUNTRY we have!

o

Hi: I'm from Peterborough, Ontario. I enjoy reading, cooking and surfing the net. Actually I enjoy being on the internet a little too much.

I have two kids and two dogs, a husky and a border collie. I came upon this site a few days ago and think it is great. I spend a great deal of time here and it's really nice to see other Canadians here as well.

For everyone who has had enough of winter remember spring is only 9 days away.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

o

Hello you all,
Such a great bunch you are! My name is Jay and I run Bed and Breakfast in Cambridge, Ontario. I have two lovely grandchildren living just behind the corner and I love to play with them. We have no pets. I have many hobbies but internet just fascinates me! I love to clean my house. Section on house cleaning is one of my favourites. This is an excellent web site not only for great read, but also for so many friendly people always ready with advice for anything.
See you around!

Here is a link that might be useful: Blairview B&B

o

Stop ----all of you are making me so homesick!! I was raised in Leamington Ont. (the Tomato Capitol of Canada) and later moved to Windsor Ont. Hi everyone - I enjoyed "taking the trip around Canada" hearing from all of you. I have lived in Colorado since 1982. I must say that it is beautiful here, but I miss my family back home. My three grown kids, grandkids, mom and brother are in the Windsor and Oakville area. I am married (second time around) and have a Siamese named Ellie (lost our other cat Pook last summer). I like gardening, decorating, reading and fishing with my husband Dan.

o

Hello fellow Canadians. I am just joining this post in April during a spring snowstorm here in Calgary, Alberta. My kids are hoping for a snow day tomorrow.

o

SWM39

Hi all, I'm from Kamloops, BC. I Love it!

David

o

hi there how.s it going i to am from BEAUTIFUL BRITISH COLUMBIA.up near ALASKA in a little city named TERRACE
i would love to say hi to all my friends here. i do lots of crafts and would love to exchange ideas and patterns if anyone is interested??? from delta

o

argh! all these single ladies in western Canada and I'm still single? have I been cursed or something? :)

o

Hey...WE ARE CANADIAN EH!!!

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba and make the best of the cold winters here!! This is my first time in this forum and it's great!! I'm getting married in August so I mostly hang around in the "Weddings" forum. Tons of great advice. If anyone here is getting married, you'll find hundreds of tips and suggestions in the wedding forum!!

Rock on eh!!

o

sdpollock@sk.sympatico.ca
Fantastic: You are the first person I have heard of from Swift Current! I was born and raised in Swift Current. Left there when I was seventeen and unfortunately have never been back. I now live in B.C. on the Sunshine Coast, which is a 3/4 hour trip by Ferry from Vancouver. Used to go out catching gohpers, hiking and camping and fishing off the water reservor. Took a trip to Calgary to see my brother a couple of years ago and the first thing I wanted to see was a gopher!! I have very fond memories of growing up there, except for the dust storms etc.
Good luck on your move and new adventure.
Victor

o

Hi - I'm a wife, mom and grandma from Victoria, B.C. Took early retirement (disability) and loving every minute of it. Sharing my at-home time with two fat cats and a cuddly pug. Hobbies are garage sales, auctions, reading, surfing the net, and anything else that catches my interest. Love this site! Hi to fellow Canadians everywhere.

o

I am from Ottawa, Ontario. And I LOVE being Canadian. What a great place to live. What a great site this is.
Take care, eh! ;)

o

Hello everyone! I'm from Moose Jaw (the Friendly City), Saskatchewan. I've been happily married for 23 years now and have one grown son. Oh yes, we also have a fat, spoiled, black and white cat called "Boris". I love reading, pencil sketching, baking, the computer (of course) and genealogy. With my genealogy I not only find ancestors and living relatives I never knew I had, but I have also found a lot about Ontario (where a number of ancestors lived and died)- things like where certain towns, counties and townships are located and what they're like, etc.

My husband's mother also lives in Swift Current and our next door neighbours, that moved here two years ago, are also from there.

It seems likes there are a lot of fat, spoiled cats in this country!?! Take care.....

o

I'm from Newfoundland. Have a look at my website with pictures from Nfld and other places in Canada we have visited.
My website

o

Hi Everyone

I am Anne from Windsor, Ontario. I am 45 years old. One step closer to the big one! I am single and have been taking care of my mom at home for the last 8 years. She is 79 and has Alzheimers. I look forward every evening to reading these forum pages when everyone else on the block is asleep. I have a black lab Loki and a cat named Lucy. I am an avid cross stitcher and love those hard New York Times crossword puzzles. It was nice to meet you all by reading your posts!

o

Hi all, Have loved reading about you all. I am from New Zealand and am married with 5 Children and 2 grandchildren. I have a special intrest in Canada as I had a very dear friend from there who came to N.Z. to live with us but sadly passed away from cancer after just 10 months. I have been to Canada twice and LOVE it. Stayed in London & Nova Scotia and visited a few more places. Want to go back someday and see more of your beautiful country.

o

Hi all! I grew up in Abbotsford, BC. Got married, moved to Ft. McMurray, AB, then Nanaimo,BC, and now finally reside in Ft. Saskatchewan, AB. Great to see so many fellow canucks. Canada rocks!

o

Hi there, I live in St. Catharines. Noticed others from St. Kitts on here as well. We probably live near by. Nice to here from everyone. I am new to these forums and I am hooked,really look forward to reading posts each day. I spend most of my time in pets and caregivers. I have a 51/2 month old Cockapoo "Jaggs" Happy Easter everyone!

o

Just checking in from Vancouver Island.....saw some fellow Islanders here as well....gee maybe we should get together sometime..... Born and raised in Calgary, Alberta..lived all over B.C., Alberta and did two tours in Germany....can't get me past Alberta border now!!!

o

Hi,
Mississauga, Ontario here. Never knew there were so many Canadians in these great forums.
Good stuff!!
Judy

o

Hello from Thunder Bay, Ontario. Noticed a couple of others from our beautiful region in the centre of Canada.
Love these forum sites,gardening,and crafting. Not much getting done in those areas since I became addicted to my computer. Wonderful to see all these great Canadians here.

o

Love Canada and live in Ontarioariarioooooooooooo..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here