Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nova Scotia

Posted by
Anne-NS
(gbladen@auracom.com) on
Sat, Feb 6, 99 at 10:51

Is there anyone on the forum from Nova Scotia?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nova Scotia

I'm not from N.S but I visited there with my husband and four other friends this Fall. Loved it everyone was so friendly. It was a beautiful experience that I hope to repeat some day.

o

Ann,not from their,but I got a question for you have you ever heard of a Cpt.Van Burean Martin Bates and his wife Ann,they were Giants listed in Ginness(Sp)world book of records,they were in a circus for many many years in Nova Scotia. My Great Grandfather was named after him,is a member of my family tree(is that the correct way to say that)anyway,he was a grand nephew of G. Granddad.At a family renioun this past summer I bought a Solid Silk quilt made by his G.G.G.Grandniece(she was their) and on it is all the information about him and Ann's lives,it is so interesting,the quilt, has over 1 million stitches in it.I saw your name and where you are from and I just had to ask,hope I didn't bore you to much,you can respond if you like. thanks

o

Not from Nova Scotia, but it is my second home. Unfortunately I'm not there at the moment, but hope to get back there in the next couple of years.What part of NS are you Anne? I was in Halifax/Dartmouth.

o

Sorry to be so long in getting back to you.
Mema, you are so right it is a beautiful place, glad you enjoyed visiting us.
Gail, No I haven't heard of Capt. Van Burean Martin Bates and his wife Anne, but then I am not from NS originally I am a transplanted Brit.
Jane, I live not far from HalifaX/Dartmouth.

o

Hi there:
Saw with interest a person looking for Bluenosers (as we are called here in NS.)
I live in Guysborough Co., about a 3 hour drive from Halifax. Do write back...fun to be in touch.
Carole

o

Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada's best kept secret. Anyone who wants to get in touch with reality should spend some time in Nova Scotia and Cape Breton in particular. Guaranteed to be relaxing with down-to-earth folks who are friendly and real.

o

I live in Pictou County, about two hours drive from Hlfx.

o

I live in a little village called Popes Harbour. It's on the Eastern Shore of Nova Scotia.

o

My husband was born and raised in Chester, NS.

We are currently living in Fredericton, NB, but are planning on building a house in or around Foxpoint, NS. I can't wait. I've lived in Fredericton most of my live, but I've always wanted to move to NS, even before I met my husband.

It is a beautiful Province!

o

I want to go to Nova Scotia! My sister went a coupla years ago, brought me a cookbook from Peggy's Cove. The pictures she took were breathtaking. (But then she's a professional photographer.) The scenery was lovely, and I intend to go ONE DAY. Wish it was tomorrow!

o

I'm from Popes Harbour Nova Scotia just60 kms from Halifax.It is a beautiful place to live.

o

I also live in a small village called Spry Harbour on the Eastern Shore of Nova Scotia not far Hfx/Dart.area..Kathy.

o

Just moved last month to Halifax from Toronto. DH and I were born and raised in St. John's, Newfoundland. It's great to be back on the east coast, nice fresh air and friendly folks.

o

i received 3 cans of seal meat from a friend in nova scotia-what do i do with it ?

o

Hello there, I'm in Lower Sackville, NS, I was raised in Moncton but always feel like Halifax is my home.

o

Hi I'am from Cape Breton,Nova Scotia.A little town Sydney Mines.If you visit here ,should do the trail,Excellent views.I am 5 hrs.from Halifax.--Gerry

o

I have an Aunt and Uncle from Port Hawksbury. We visited there way back in the '70's. I loved it there and would like to take my own family back some day.

o

I'm from Cape Breton, Sydney Area, about 5 hour drive to Halifax.

o

Hi,
I'm from North Sydney, (Cape Breton) Nova Scotia but married a guy from Cape Sable Island, N.S. which is at the opposite end of the province. We now live in Barrington, NS and are about a 7 hour drive away from North Sydney. My family still lives there and I try to visit when ever I get a chance. NS is a great place to live. Cape Breton is beautiful ... I miss the mountains but we still live near the water!
Don't know how I ended up on this topic since I was looking for games for a going-away party for my sister-in-law who will be attending University in Halifax in the Fall.
If you have any ideas, let me know.
Take care,
Ruth Ann

o

Hi -

My parents were both born in Wood's Harbor (your post caught my eye, Ruth Ann!). My brother and I were born here (Massachusetts), but I've gone back to Nova Scotia every year, at least once, sometimes twice, since I was born (hmmm...45 years ago). My parents sold the family home in Wood's Harbor (meaning my mother's family home) when I was around 8. We would travel to NS and stay a bit in Wood's Harbor and also at Beaver Dam every year - a campground between Wood's Harbor and Shelburne - not there anymore, I don't think.

Now I normally spend my time between Liverpool (Beach Meadows) and Halifax, with my cousins in both places. I absolutely love it, and am close to my cousins (moreso than my cousins here!!).

Am awaiting my Halifax cousins' visit sometime this month.

I'm a Cockowitter at heart! (never really knew how to spell that!!) :-)

o

Hi - I am Jacki and I live in Halifax.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here