Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
North Carolina

Posted by
Carrie
(carriejw@mindspring.com) on
Mon, Feb 8, 99 at 9:58

Anyone around the Charlotte, North Carolina area?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: North Carolina

I live not to far from Burlington, NC

o

I'm in Maggie Valley. (west of Waynesville, west of Asheville)

o

Hey Fellow North Carolinians! I live in beautiful Ashe County, 2 miles out of West Jefferson. I've always lived in NC. Born in Raleigh and grew up 20 miles north of Raleigh. Went to Louisburg College and ECU in Greenville.

o

I will be there in July. I will be in Kings Mountain.

o

Raleigh, NC checking in!

o

Kinston close enough to the beach for a day trip.

o

Originally from Swansboro, North Carolina!!!! near Emerald Isle and Atlantic Beach. Married to Marine Officer (we met @ Camp Lejeune) and now we're all over the world...but my heart still longs for good ole' Carolina!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Everyday Decorator

o

Near Greensboro here!

o

Asheville checking in.

o

Greetings from the High Country! I'm from Avery County. If you ever come to Grandfather Mountain, stop in the Nature Museum gift shop and say hello!

o

I am in Boonville,NC ----about 20 minutes west of Winston Salem.

o

Winston-Salem checking here!

o

Havelock here.....Good Morning

o

Yancey County here...in the mountains

o

I live in Myrtle Beach, SC now but I'm from CHARLOTTE and go "home" to see my folks often!

o

I live near Hillsborough,NC. I have lived in Asheville,NC briefly and was just in Maggie over Memorial Day Weekend.

o

From beautiful Asheville!

o

greensboro checking in. lots of relatives in charlotte and am down there at least once a month.

o

Carrie - I live in Concord, & work in Charlotte.

o

Hello to all from LaGrange,NC

o

Hello to all you North Carolians from Tx. I'm still trying to get back to my homeland, born in Greensboro, lived in Charlotte for several years, consider Wilmington my home now but have to be in Tx a while longer because of Hubby's job. Sure do miss that Wrightsville Beach....

o

I live in Hudson and work in Hickory.

o

Wish I was there! I went to college at Chapel Hill, parents live in little Washington, in-laws live in Durham.

o

HI FROM STANFIELD NC --ABOUT 45 MINUTES FROM CHARLOTTE.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!!

o

I used to live in High Point and loved it! I am now in TX and I do like it here to but I still have lots of friends in High Point. (wish I had more furniture to show for my years in High Point.)

o

Good Evening Everyone. I'm From Greensboro,N.C.

o

Hi, Shelby NC area...My wife and I are new to the area, looking to meet new friends. We have a 12 year old daughter. Enjoy the outdoors, dining, dancing...etc. Feel free to say hello.

o

howdy - i live in texas, but lived in goldsboro when i was married to an air force dude stationed at seymour johnson air force base - i loved carolina - i still miss your beautiful state

o

Hello from the beautiful applachians of western N.C.....
Madison County.

o

Hi y'all. I grew up in Raleigh. Spent several years in Johnston Co. (near Wendell), then Edenton, then Nags Head, then Kill Devil Hills. Now I'm back close to home, in Benson, where dh grew up.

o

Hi I'm from Wingate NC just down hwy 74 from ya.

Lori

o

Elizabethtown, NC checking in! Moved here from Charlotte a little over 2 years ago. Talk about CULTURE SHOCK! LOL
Great place to raise children but not to shop! Ever been to White Lake or eaten a Melvin's hamburger?????? Then you have been to Elizabethtown, NC.

o

Ashe County! My mom grew up there, used to visit all the time as a kid, it's like a second home to me. Amy D, the farm is about a half mile from the New River, going towards Sparta, Cranberry Creek Road. What highway is that, 211?

o

Brevard, NC cehcking in. I've just lived in this wonderful state for a year (I'm an Atlanta Native).

o

Hillsborough, North Carlolina checking in. I work in Durham and grocery shop in Carroboro.

o

My folks live in Charlotte and my sister in Monroe. I love that area exspecially in the spring. You've got alot of great places to shop. Service is a bit slow but that's the SOUTH.

o

I live in Concord,N.C.,home of Lowes Motor Speedway.Will always be Charlotte Motor Speedway to me.

o

My husband & I have lived in Hickory just 4 years and love it! Lived all our lives in Minnesota and just got smart.

o

Hiya all from Asheville North Carolina :)

o

Hello!I am from Lawndale,N.C.(around the Vale-Lincolnton
area).I have lived in N.C. all my life.I have only lived in
Lawndale for 4 years(my husband is from this area),I am
originally from Granite Falls,N.C.Not far from Hickory and
Lenoir.

o

Checking in from coastal NC (Southport)

o

Hi! I live and work in Raleigh, NC. I have lived here for
about 3 years now.

o

Hi from Goldsboro, NC - home of Seymour Johnson Air Force Base.

o

hi, Enfield NC near Rocky Mount

o

Asheville, NC - lived here all of my life (52 yrs0

o

Hello to all from beautiful Wilmington, home of the North Carolina Azalea Festival!

o

Spend the summers in Valle Crucis, NC. Can hardly wait for summer to arrive!

o

Checking in from Hollister, NC.

Between Rocky Mount and Roanoake Rapids.

Home of the Haliwa-Saponi Indians. Third largest tribe in NC. Largest Native American Pow-wow in NC held the 3rd weekend in April. The public is welcome.

You'll come check us out this year.

o

My son lives in Goose Creek, Mailing address is Indian Trail. It is just south of Concord and north of Monroe

o

hey Donna i will be also moving to kings mountain hopefully before summer, if not Carrie i will be in charlotte.

o

Hello to all from Shelby,NC

o

Hi guys: Anyone from Franklin?
Lynn

o

lived in Kinston for 20 years...in New Bern now & have a place in Emerald Isle! Talk to me!!

o

High Point!

o

Have lovely friends and visit often in Murphy, NC.

Gwen

o

Cherryville/Gastonia here! I have lived in Gaston County my whole life right next to Charlotte.

I recently started riding a motorcycle with my boyfriend.. riders welcome to join in the spring!

tekmypc@gmail.com

o

Cherryville/Gastonia here! I have lived in Gaston County my whole life right next to Charlotte.

I recently started riding a motorcycle with my boyfriend.. riders welcome to join in the spring!

tekmypc@gmail.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here