Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indy-Chicago

Posted by
Lee Anna IN
(maatwell@laf.cioe.com) on
Sat, Feb 6, 99 at 9:28

Hey, I know I've seen other peeps from IN here! Did I miss a get-together?
I live in a town directly between Indianapolis and Chicago. Anyone else want to meet sometime?

Lee Anna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indy-Chicago

Howdy, I'm from the Ft. Wayne area and was looking at going to the OH get-together as I hadn't heard of one in IN. Maybe someone should get one going.

o

Yea, count me in I'm from Seymour,just let me know.

o

I'm in Indy - We could have one here and if we wanted we could still go to Ohio too!!!I'm interested for sure.

o

Okay you Hoosier girls, I'm originally from that great state. Maybe I'll pop in if it's in Indianapolis, or even better, near leeann. I grew up in the northwest corner of the state, outside of Chicago. I know, I know, I've been told, it's not really IN, but I lived in Indianapolis for a year and in Bloomington for 6 years. Boy do I miss the southern part of the state in autumn.

o

Hi there fellow Hoosiers! I'm originally from Valparaiso (Valpo). Hubby and I along w/ our 4 kids moved to the Denver area back in '86. We don't get back there as much as we used to (even though we have family there), but Indiana will always be my "Home Sweet Home"! I really miss the lake, and small town living. Nice to meet you all!
Mickey
ps. Hubby is originally from Gary (Miller Beach).

o

would love to meet. just let me know. i live outside chicago

o

Hi All!!! South Bend/Mishawaka/Elkhart checking in! What are these get-togethers about? They sound fun! We're there! How about the beginning of April, the weather *should* be stable by then!

o

Does Rockford, IL count? There's a couple of us from there.

o

Hi! I'm in Terre Haute. This is my first time visiting this site. What is it all about? I would love to meet some new friends that are fairly close to home.

o

Count me in. I'm in Indianapolis. I don't know why Rockford wouldn't count. Isn't it an Indy suburb? LOL!

Dottie

o

Hello all, I was just wondering did you already have this meeting? I'm a Hoosier too. I live in Hammond. I would love a get together, if I'm not too late. ~Kathie~

o

I am new to this site also and live in Kout, IN (just 10 miles so. of Valparaiso). I would love to meet some new friends in the area. Am I to late? Karen

o

I live in a small town (Burnettsville) near Monticello which is the home of Indiana Beach (Lakes Shafer & Freeman) in north central Indiana.

o

Hey....I live out in the country by Monticello! What a small world..

o

Hey Sherry and Jan... I just had to say that My husband is from Monticello.. grew up there.. his brother is still living there and has a radio station there.. maybe you know it, oldies 103? anyway, we are there every weekend camping at the IB campground.. what a small world.

o

Hey... I just had to say I love Monticello! We have our family reunion every year at Indiana Beach campground. We all stay about 3 or 4 days... it's great.

I grew up in Indiana... Knox, Indiana. I currently live in Elkader, Iowa but would be interested in any get-togethers in my home state. I am in the Hoosier State quite often as my family still lives there. Keep me posted!

o

Jan, Wow what a small world my daughters best friend lives in Burnettsville. We go to Indiana Beach every year, sometimes 2 - 3 times a year during the Summer.
Hey all that sounds like a good place to all meet at. How about sometime next Summer??

o

Hey guys... Lets meet at Monticello next summer???? what do you think???

o

Just checking around and saw this post. I'm in Bedford (20 miles south of Bloomington). Would love to meet some others from around the state, too!

Vivian

o

Just reading some of the boards and wanted to say hi : ) I'm in Columbus, IN right now

o

Different Angel.

I'm originally from Monticello. I live in Indy now - but grew up in good old Monti.

Wow.

o

Me and DH live in Indianapolis.. I would like to meet some fellow hoosiers!

Krissy

o

Hey all...I am really late on this one. I just found this forum. I am from a small town about 1 hour or so east of Monticello. Also, Mickey CO, one of my best friends grew up in Miller Beach! She now is a Phys Ed teacher in the Gary school system. Boo

o

JAN and vicki I live just ne of monticello. right b/w monticello, and idaville. And a little north. IT's a very small world.

o

Hammond to West Lafayette to Indianapolis here

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here