Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moving to New Jersey

Posted by ChubbyRat (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 11, 02 at 3:41

We're moving to Browns Mills in New Jersey.Anyone from there?I'd just like to know if it's a nice place and what there is to do there.Hubby's getting transferred.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moving to New Jersey

Don't know if you are still on here because of the earlier date- but I use to live near there! NJ is great for fresh produce stands (tomatoes especially) and also tagsaling and flea marketing. Check out Columbus Market, also shopping is good here for clothing (no tax) There are tons of discount stores everywhere. I am envious of you because now I live in a costly area. The people also are a lot of fun!!!! NJ is the garden state!!!Philadelphia is a great city-very cultural and great music!!

o

You are moving to a beautiful spot in New Jersey. I would recommend it for the view and the beatiful gardening options due to the variable soil.

o

It's a very beautifula area filled with farm stands, nurseries, and great garage sales. It was also made famous in Orson Welles's "The War of the Worlds"--the radio play in which Martians landed on Earth. They landed in Browns Mills, New Jersey! Enjoy!
Jerseyrose

o
The War of the Worlds in NJ. . .

Just so you're not confused when you get to Browns Mills, NJ, the Martians did not land in Browns Mills. They landed at Grovers Mill, New Jersey. Grovers Mill is in West Windsor Township which borders Princeton, NJ. There is a landmark on Grovers Mill Pond.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here