Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there any 2005 Canadians out there ?

Posted by sugar_and_spice (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 22, 05 at 3:14

Hello fellow Canadians,

There are some old threads out there for Canadians that I didn't get to participate in, so I'm starting another one for 2005.

Any other Canadians out there that want to share their story ?

I live in Victoria BC and I have two cats and have been involved in a DYI house building project with DH for over a year.

I saw in the old threads that a few people from Victoria wanted to meet, did that ever happen ?

The kitchen forum is my favourite thread.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there any 2005 Canadians out there ?

Sugar and Spice,
I am a Victorian for nigh on 10 years now. As you know the kitchen forum is my favorite as well. Let me know if you find any others out there. ;o) Rose

o

Yep - London.

Halfway Windsor/Detroit - Toronto.

Farm kid, southern ON - kept out of school in 1940, after War started, to drive tractor for seeding.

Dad had breathing problems, moved to farm in SK, had 40 years of fine health out there, bro. recently retired from the farm.

Overseas missionary for a few years, helping a few refugees in Korea put their lives back together after that horrible war. Son born there.

Clergyperson (liberal Prot.) for a number of years, married a U.S. girl, we parted a number of years ago when clergy didn't do that - didn't help career.

Personal financial advisor for a number of years, now enjoying good health in (more or less) retirement.

Learning how money works is an excellent hobby - that pays well.

So spend time on Saving and Household Finance forum - but mainly on KT.

Have a great autumn weekend, all.

joyful guy

o

Here's another Canadian girl! I'm Laurel and I live in Southern Ontario (a couple of hours from Ole Joyful)in a little village near Guelph Ontario. I've lived in the same house from almost 28 years with DH. We have one daughter, SIL, 2 grandchildren and 1 Shih Tzu named Sadie. I love to garden, mosaic, garden art, reading, and of course, the KT. I visit my Mom in London often.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Hi!waving to you from Southern Ontario also.
Dh and I are ready to retire in less than three years,and then hope to spend more time at our cottage on the east coast.Have four grown children and 7 grandchildren.
I love to knit,sew,do stained glass,and my favorite hobby gardening.
Great to meet you.

o

I'm from southern Ontario, as well - not too far from Ole Joyful. I grew up on a farm, have 2 children, 2 grown grandchildren. My grandson just recently married. Also have a wonderfully loyal dog of mixed breed. I'm a widow for almost 7 years. I also spend a lot ot time at the KT.
Image hosting by Photobucket

o

Capital of Canada, an Ottawa girl!
I am new here, looking for how to get rid of grass, and stumbled upon this site.
Glad I found it!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here