Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any happy Mississippi folks hanging around?

Posted by
Juju Rose
(rosenms4@hotmail.com) on
Wed, Jan 3, 01 at 1:39

Any happy Mississippi folks hanging around here? I from Hattiesburg, MS Give me a holler. :) say hey or what ever!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any happy Mississippi folks hanging around?

I'm a happy Mississippian, although I don't live there anymore. I live in Orlando, FL, and grew up in Star, MS. I don't get back home too often and miss it a lot.

o

My parents were from Itawamba County, Miss. does that count? I have a niece that goes to college in Hattiesburg..the University of South Mississippi.
Lynn

o

I live in Mississippi and don't want to live anywhere else.
Mathiston (webster county) Home of Wood Jr College.

o

I live in the delta - Greenville.

o

I used to live in Greenville and graduated from Delta State University.

Go Fighting Okra!!!!!!

o

Where is the best place to live in Mississippi? My husbands family lives in Corinth and Ocean Springs. We live in Florida and are thinking about moving to southern MS. Any advice? How are the schools? That's very important to me since we have an 11 and 9 year old. Please help! We are tired of this rat race and love the country.

o

Hi, I'm from Jackson, Mississippi. I am already majorly addicted to another message board, but I've been looking for other Mississippi people to recruit over there! LOL
A few states have a large representation and they get together often. The site is great, such a great bunch. Maybe ya'll will come check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Talkers

o

My hubby is from Hattiesburg! He left there about 5 years ago, used to work with the police department there. My inlaws and two of our kids still live there.

o

ME ME ME!! I live in Cleveland..Home of DSU!!!
I jst joined these boards..though I don't post here much. I post more at the grandparents boards on www.parentsplace.com

o

I live near Jackson... a little 'podunk' at times (trying to find specialized stores and entertainment), but otherwise okay.

-tiffany ;)

o

Hi!

I'm from Hattiesburg, MS and love it here. It's so convenient to everything. The only problem is the heat of the summer! hehe.

Great to see so many Mississippians around!

Lynn

o

HI,
I live near Brookhaven, Ms. Graduated from USM.. I love Hattiesburg, and come over often to shop.. I am so sad to see that I will be losing this site.. It is my favorite. I will have to check out the one suggested above. If anyone else has a suggestion of a replacement, please post.
See Ya Later,
Pattyc

o

I live near Jackson. Grew up around Yazoo City. MeMe

o

I know how hot Hattiesburg can get. When to my niece's reception there as she goes to the University of So. Mississipi there. It was terriblly hot, and some of the reception was outdoors. They had rented an Italian stucco beautiful place, actually a house, that is used just for the purpose of having parties etc. It was great. They had an Elvis impersonator to sing outdoors. That was great fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here