Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door Opener - Question

Posted by jetsfan (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 07 at 23:37

I havent seen this topic posted here before, so I thought I would inquire and see if I can get an answer. My father has a garage door opener that is hard wired, but recently he learned that the there is a problem with the wires that lead from his condo to the garage. It would cost a great deal for electricians to replace the wiring, as apparently the homeowners association wont cover the repairs.

Im just wondering if there are garage door openers that are strictly battery powered. I've heard of ones with battery backup systems attached, but im unaware of ones which have that as the primary power source. It would be ideal if we could simply buy a power unit that could attach to our existing door opener, as the current one works fine..its just the power issue. Of course we will consider replacing the entire unit if thats neccessary.

I admit I have little knowlege about this and so far the people i've asked dont know. I can get the make and model of our current system and post here if that helps, but beyond that all I know is that the opener is of the slide drive type with a metal rolling door. If anyone could provide some advice about this I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks for reading,

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door Opener - Question

There are no battery powered door openers. Even the one you referred to with the battery backup must be plugged in to keep the battery charged.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here