Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Homelink with Craftsman GDO

Posted by seanc (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 6, 06 at 22:35

I recently purchased a Toyota Prius with homelink and have been attempting to program it to work with my Craftsman Security+ GDO and have been unsuccessful. Homelink successfully reads the code from the remote and I press the learn button and the homelink 3-4 times and it does not operate the door.

I have contacted homelink and ran through the same steps with no success. I already have one vechicle w/homelink that I programmed successfully 2 years ago. I have tested the Toyota on a neighbors non security + (billion code?) GDO and it worked. When someone presses the homelink on the Toyota, I can see the amber LED flash quickly. Is the homelink defective with Security+ ? Anything else I can try before returning it to the dealer.

Thanks!
Sean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Homelink with Craftsman GDO

I don't know what you are doing wrong on your door if it worked on the neighbors door fine.

I will take you through the steps one more time to make sure you are not missing anything.

1) I always start with the door in the down position. Turn the ignition on and press the desired button on the homelink system and hold it until it starts flashing slowly. ( May take a while )

2) While still holding in the button on the homelink system put your transmitter up to it and push and hold them both in until it starts flashing quickly. By this time your door should be open.

3) Push the learn button on the back of the opener and go back to the car and push and hold the button you just programmed.

4) You want to get the car as close as you can to the opener.

That should take car of it, unless you have something wrong with the car or opener.

o
RE: Homelink with Craftsman GDO

Problem turned out to be a bad logic board. Replaced the board and everything was fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here