Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunlake_gw

How to program remote Craftsman GD Opener Model 139.245610

sunlake
16 years ago

I have got a second remote and would like to know how to program it without affecting the existing one. Thanks

Comments (11)

• don_1_2006
    16 years ago

No one can possibly tell you this without more information. Did you purchase the exact same model number remote and what is the model number of your opener?

• sunlake
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for your prompt reply Don, I have got the same model number remote and the model number of the opener is 139.245610.

• don_1_2006
    16 years ago

Too many digits in that model number. Could you check again and see if there are any letters separating part of those numbers.

• sunlake
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Don, the model number is correct. By the way, the digital receiver model number is 139.245612. This is an older model opener, at the back of the unit their is a red square button but no LED light ... The opener works fine and I still have one fully functioning remote control to work with. I am trying only to program an identical new 2nd remote control (Craftsman Model No. 139.18759) so that my wife could also have the benefit of using the garage for direct access to our house from the garage. We only moved into this house about one month ago and the previous owner has no clue about where the owner's manual for the opener is. I really appreciate your help in answering my questions. Peter

• don_1_2006
    16 years ago

Peter I went to the Sears website and none of the model numbers you give will come up as a good number. Most of the door opener model numbers look something like this - 139.56110SRT1. Some of the older models had 6 digits after the 139. but they started with a 5 or 6. Did you buy the "identical new 2nd remote" at Sears?

• sunlake
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Don, I have a new 2nd remote control with same Model no. 139.18759. Could it be that since we are in Toronto, we have different model nos?

• don_1_2006
    16 years ago

That is the only thing that makes sense and I have no way to cross them over. Sorry.

• sunlake
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Don, I greatly appreciate your help, have a nice holiday.

• juncibao_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

Hi Sunlake and Don, I have the exact same model as sunlake which is 139.245610 and indeed it's one of the older models. I also don't have the manual, and would like to reset the code on my keypad as well as re-synching it to the transmitter i've got.
    Sunlake: were you able to figure out how to do this?
    Don: any suggestions?

• patnpups_telus_net
    13 years ago

I have this same garage door opener model number 139.245610 and have lost or broken both of my old remotes. I am looking for a universal remote, does anyone know of one that they have found that works with this opener. Can anyone tell me the year of this opener?
    cheers,

• don_1_2006
    13 years ago

Here is one from Chamberlain. You can also buy from Sears and extra remote units are available.

Here is a link that might be useful: Universal remote