Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to program remote Craftsman GD Opener Model 139.245610

Posted by sunlake (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 07 at 22:29

I have got a second remote and would like to know how to program it without affecting the existing one. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to program remote Craftsman GD Opener Model 139.245610

No one can possibly tell you this without more information. Did you purchase the exact same model number remote and what is the model number of your opener?

o

Thanks for your prompt reply Don, I have got the same model number remote and the model number of the opener is 139.245610.

o

Too many digits in that model number. Could you check again and see if there are any letters separating part of those numbers.

o

Don, the model number is correct. By the way, the digital receiver model number is 139.245612. This is an older model opener, at the back of the unit their is a red square button but no LED light ... The opener works fine and I still have one fully functioning remote control to work with. I am trying only to program an identical new 2nd remote control (Craftsman Model No. 139.18759) so that my wife could also have the benefit of using the garage for direct access to our house from the garage. We only moved into this house about one month ago and the previous owner has no clue about where the owner's manual for the opener is. I really appreciate your help in answering my questions. Peter

o

Peter I went to the Sears website and none of the model numbers you give will come up as a good number. Most of the door opener model numbers look something like this - 139.56110SRT1. Some of the older models had 6 digits after the 139. but they started with a 5 or 6. Did you buy the "identical new 2nd remote" at Sears?

o

Don, I have a new 2nd remote control with same Model no. 139.18759. Could it be that since we are in Toronto, we have different model nos?

o

That is the only thing that makes sense and I have no way to cross them over. Sorry.

o

Don, I greatly appreciate your help, have a nice holiday.

o

Hi Sunlake and Don, I have the exact same model as sunlake which is 139.245610 and indeed it's one of the older models. I also don't have the manual, and would like to reset the code on my keypad as well as re-synching it to the transmitter i've got.
Sunlake: were you able to figure out how to do this?
Don: any suggestions?

o

I have this same garage door opener model number 139.245610 and have lost or broken both of my old remotes. I am looking for a universal remote, does anyone know of one that they have found that works with this opener. Can anyone tell me the year of this opener?
cheers,

o

Here is one from Chamberlain. You can also buy from Sears and extra remote units are available.

Here is a link that might be useful: Universal remote

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here