Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wrong way garage door opener

Posted by brianfromhornell (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 16, 06 at 22:14

I just installed a Craftsman 1/2hp opener. When activated, the chain and pulley system moves initially toward the garage door versus opening the door. The trolley system goes up to the stop bolt, the system "bunches" and then the trolley moves in the right direction. I installed the second opener and that works fine - so I have the pulley system definitely set up right. Why does this happen?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wrong way garage door opener

Brianfromhornell,

Take your chain off the the sprocket. Grab one of your remotes. Get on a ladder behind your opener facing towards the door. If you are facing the door looking down at the drive sprocket, hit your transmitter until the sprocket is turning clockwise and let it run till it stops by itself. This will set the opener on the down limit. Reattach your chain and it should pull the door up when you hit it again and then you can set the limits.

Good Luck

o
RE: Wrong way garage door opener

doorguy06,
Thank you very much! That worked perfectly. Appreciate the advice offered.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here