Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If I had a nickel for.....

Posted by kathyg_in_mi (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 25, 08 at 20:29

every question/problem about Craftsman garage door openers on these forums, I think I'd be rich. Will never buy one for sure!!!!
Kathy G in MI

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If I had a nickel for.....

I don't know if postings in an online forum is a statistically valid way to evaluate the quality of a product. I would imagine that Craftsman garage door openers are a pretty popular brand so it's logical to conclude that one might see more questions about Craftsman than a less popular brand.

o

You took the words out of my mouth, Kathy. I've been pleased with the Genie Excelerator that my house came with. Quiet and fast. I've only seen a couple Craftsman door openers in my life, so although they may be popular, you have to ask yourself...are they THAT popular? This forum is flooded with them. haha!

o

If I had a nickel for every time my Craftsman garage door closed with the first attempt in 2008, I would have $1.00. The thing hates me. Feelings are mutual. Maybe 2009 will be better. LOL

o

In defense of the Craftsman openers, I have two ten year old openers on my doors that work great! One, on a smaller door, get's the most use as it gets treated as a walkthrough for everything I need to do in the front yard. It must get used 10 times a day! I think one great maintenance idea everyone should do is to disengage the lift and roll the door up and down by hand a few times. The opener should not have to lift the door. That's what the springs are for. In ten years I have adjusted the springs twice to maintain fingertip lifting and closing. Do your doors open and close that easily? If they don't, you are depending on your opener to do a job for which it was never intended.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here