Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 139.53600 Opener, 3 button remote stopped after battery

Posted by valhalla3 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 5, 13 at 20:11

My remote is an older Craftsman 3 button remote with dip switches on the circuit board. I took it apart to clean it as the buttons were sticking. I did not touch the dip switches and nothing happened that would change anything on the remote. When I put it back together and tried it with the door, it would not respond. The red led on the remote was bright but the opener would not respond. When I was taking it apart, before I got the battery out I accidentally hit the button and it opened the door. The hard wired switch next to the door works. I do not see any learn button or anything. I unplugged opener and removed battery from remote for 30 seconds as suggested to reset. Still does not work. It makes no sense as I did not do anything to the remote to change anything. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thank you! Valhalla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 139.53600 Opener, 3 button remote stopped after bat

My suggestion is you trade a few bucks for a fast upgrade that takes the old remote out of the picture.

You can buy a new receiver at most home centers that has all the high security feature, comes with one or two remotes, and will work with the transmitters built into many newer vehicles. You wire it into the old power head as if it were a wall button. It's neat, easy, secure, and fairly cheap.

Worth considering provided the power head is in good shape.

Since it just wires in like the wall switch, any brand will work. One example is Chamberlain Universal Radio Control Replacement Kit, $57 at Lowes.

Note: Safety regs get stricter all the time. Newer units may have less range by design, but still work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here