Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schutzhund_gw

Chamberlain GDO Remotes Won't Program

schutzhund
14 years ago

I have a Chamberlain 1998 model 2000SDR that started not recognizing the close signal on all remotes, then progressed to now not working altogether. I have repeatedly tried to reprogram the clickers including even buying a new universal remote. None of them will program. New batteries used. I have even done the reset button by holding the learn button for about seven seconds.

When I try to program, at the point that it should acknowledge the programming by one of three methods (lights, opening or clicking), nothing happens 99% of the time. Once or twice it made the lights go on, but the clicker did not work. I have probably done this 50 times or more.

After "programming" the clickers, the two old ones will make the learning light flash while holding down the clicker button (in non-programming mode) in operational mode. It is like it is acknowledging the receipt of the signal, but giving me a raspberry. The new universal makes it do absolutely nothing.

Seems to me that I might need a new logic board. Am I on the right track?

Is there a link somewhere to the service manual so I know how to take it apart?

Any suggestions on where to purchase the parts? I read on this forum that the company I was thinking about using, wholesalegaragedoorparts.com (and their supposed other name, liftmasterpartsonline.com) were not very reputable to buy from.

Appreciate all help, as I need to get this fixed. It is driving my husband nuts!

Thanks,

Schutzhund

Comments (2)