Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage floor and water from snow on car

Posted by ekoreilly (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 7, 06 at 19:52

I have an issue; when parking the car in the garage, which has snow on it, it melts and "dribbles toward the back of the garage or to the side and also puddles in the middle toward the garage door. there is no center drain hol to the garge (which I thought all garages had)

So what do other do when this happens?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage floor and water from snow on car

Buy a squeejee ( have no idea how to spell that ) and squeejee it out.

o

Yeah I could, but are there other options? I guess heating the garage to dry faster. I just don't want to have water lflowing all over.

o

The slab should have been pitched toawrds the door for drainage.

o

Your best bet now is to squeegee the water out. If you heat the garage, (assuming your area uses salt on the roads), you will decrease the life of your car body. Salt combined with heat will speed up the oxidation (rusting) process. If you are going to have a heated garage, then you need to get the salt off of your vehicle by washing it more frequently.

o

You could install an interlocking tile floor that is made for garage use. I just ordered Daytona tile and you can order a mixture of tiles, some solid and some perforated. Most people put a strip of the perforated tiles just under where the tires go and put the solid tile everywhere else. Then the water can drain under the tile and evaporate. Also, heating the garage will help alot.
Annette

Here is a link that might be useful: where I bought my tile

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here