Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP! Wayne Dalton garage door opener stopped working

Posted by slc2053 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 17, 07 at 19:09

Our garage door opener that we have mounted inside our garage stopped working. We assumed it was the battery so we replaced it, but it still isn't working. It's model number 5BWS. We went to their website to see how to reset it (program it) and we followed them but when it says to hit the "wall station light button" and you'll see an LED light go off or hear a beep, neither happens. The light is not on, so it can't go off and there is no beep. Here is a link to the instructions...

http://www.wayne-dalton.com/Files/ProductManuals/Residential_Garage_Door_Openers/idrive/idrive_for_TorqueMaster/Programming_Instructions/Wall_Station/5-button wall station.pdf

Please, anyone have any other ideas on what we should try? The instructions don't say what to do when you change battery..

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP! Wayne Dalton garage door opener stopped working

This is an I-Drive opener. I Recommend you throw it away. They are nothing but junk. You will probably have to call out a tech to take a look and odds are the cost to repair it will be as much as a new opener. The company I work for installs waynedalton products, I install them b/c I have no choice but the one thing I refuse to install is their I-Drive openers.

Get a Liftmaster.

o

We have the idrive and love it!

Is the electric working to the actual opener? have you tried the handheld remotes?

Ours has two wall stations as well as two handheld remotes.

o

I have just had the same problem,remove the two screws holding the plastic cover for the i drive,lever of the cover(it is on clips)on top of the main board are two round brown fuses lift out with bullnose plyers and replace,if you have a problem getting fuses go to wayne-dalton.com and click on the link contact us and ask for new fuses,also your plug should be on a surge protected plug to stop spikes on your main board,needless to say before you start work isolate from electrics first,good luck Best regards Derek.

o

I HAVE A QUANTUM OPENER INSTALLED AND JUST GOT REMOTE
#3973C. I REPLACED THE BATTERY WHEN IT WOULD NOT PROGRAM
BUT HAD THE SAME RESULT. THE PROGRAM LIGHT ON THE QUANTUM
LIGHTS UP BUT THE REMOTE WILL NOT EFFECT IT (CAUSE TO GO OUT INDICATING PROGRAM RECIEVED)THE RECIEVER ANTENEA IS
A GREEN WIRE. IS THE REMOTE AT FAULT OR IS THERE MORE TO
PROGRAMMING THAN WHAT I HAVE DONE?
JOEL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here