Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnymac_gw

Craftsman Garage Door Opener Problem

donnymac
17 years ago

Help.

I have a 1/2 HP Craftsman GDO, model # 139.5367SRT2. One of the remotes stopped working. I assumed that it was the battery and changed it. But it still wouldn't work. I attempted to re-program the remote and that wouldn't work. Next I erased all of the remote control codes and attempted to re-program them. I still can only seem to program one of the remotes. When re-programing the keyless entry, I can only get the GDO to recognize the signal if I erase all of the codes and program the key pad first. Then I can program 1 remote, but not the other. I tried this several times in different orders. I can get either remote to work, but not both of them at the same time. Once one of the remotes is programed, the LED light next to the SRT(learn) button does not blink when the other remote button is pressed. I believe that the GDO will not recognize more than one signal. Could this be an internal problem?

Because I can get both remotes to work, I don't think that it is a broken remote. I just can't get both of them to work at the same time. The GDO is about 7 years old. Is it time for a new one?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Donny

Comments (2)