Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Opener Problem

Posted by donnymac (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 8, 06 at 18:58

Help.
I have a 1/2 HP Craftsman GDO, model # 139.5367SRT2. One of the remotes stopped working. I assumed that it was the battery and changed it. But it still wouldn't work. I attempted to re-program the remote and that wouldn't work. Next I erased all of the remote control codes and attempted to re-program them. I still can only seem to program one of the remotes. When re-programing the keyless entry, I can only get the GDO to recognize the signal if I erase all of the codes and program the key pad first. Then I can program 1 remote, but not the other. I tried this several times in different orders. I can get either remote to work, but not both of them at the same time. Once one of the remotes is programed, the LED light next to the SRT(learn) button does not blink when the other remote button is pressed. I believe that the GDO will not recognize more than one signal. Could this be an internal problem?

Because I can get both remotes to work, I don't think that it is a broken remote. I just can't get both of them to work at the same time. The GDO is about 7 years old. Is it time for a new one?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Donny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Opener Problem

What has happened to you is fairly common but can be frustrating. What has happened is one of your remotes has reverted to an earlier technology. (Manufacturers explanation) What you need to do is purchase a new remote. Make sure you get the same model number. Once you do this you will be able to program one of your existing remotes plus your keypad and the new remote. If you program the bad remote you will not be able to program the new remote. It is a case of elimination. When you get it all settled, do yourself a favor and throw the bad remote in the trash. It can cause problems down the road.

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Opener Problem

Thanks,

I'll try that.

Donny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here