Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears wireless garage door opener

Posted by klarerl (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 3, 06 at 17:42

My wireless control unit will not function. I have tried to reset the code but when I press and hold the enter buton after pressing the learn button the lights do not blink to tell me the code has been learned.
The learn button blinks five times and pauses for about ten seconds and continues all the time. When I press the learn button to set the code it stays on for the 30 seconds it is supposed to but then goes back to the blinking and pause described above.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears wireless garage door opener

The blinking code indicates a problem with the opener. Are your wall button or remotes working properly?

o

yes, everything works except the wireless unit.
I unplugged the unit and the blinking stopped. I then removed the wireless unit from the outside and tried to program it from inside the garage. I was able to make it work if I held the wireless unit very close to the antenna, but it would not work from outside.

o

Have you replaced the battery in the keypad?

o

Yes, and just for good measure I checked the battery I repalced and the new one and they both were in the good.

o

I have to think your keypad has gone bad. Do you have a neighbor you can try it on?

o

I thought that might be the problem. I'll see if I can find someplace to test it and if it doesn't work, I'll buy a new one.

Thanks for your help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here