Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears garage door opener 139.53629srt

Posted by beerstud (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 07 at 17:18

I have replaced the gear and sprocket assembly on this because they were stripped, now that I have it back together all it wants to do is go up, then it stops when it hits the housing and the motor keeps running or humming. I have tried adjusting the limit switches, but when center touches either the up or down, it still runs in the up direction. I suppose that is why the gears were were stripped. My question is, do I need to replace the limit switch assembly?? Or would the circuit board be bad?? Or any help please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears garage door opener 139.53629srt

First of all check to make sure there are no wires hanging loose especially around that limit switch assembly. If all is okay you probably have a bad logic board.

o

Also make sure all the wires are still connected to the start capacitor. If you have a wire off it will cause the problem your describing. The start capacitor is located to the right on the motor. It is either gray or blue in color and should have four wires connected to it.

o

i also have the same opener.
my problem that just started is the battery powered remote and the built-in remote on my car no longer activates the opener. the wired switch inside the house still works the opener, however the green light inside the switch is now flickering.
also about 2 weeks ago, the light socket has stopped working. the light will not turn on when opened or closed.

any suggestions?

thanks a lot!

joe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here