Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door opener stopped working

Posted by frankdan (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 31, 09 at 17:00

I have a Craftsman GD opener that is about 14 years old. Logic board 41A4315-6c. It won't move up or down with the wall switch or the remote. The lights will not come on with the light button on the wall switch. I do get a loud click from the motor unit when I press the normal wall switch open button and the same from the remote but no response from the motor. Safety sensors seems to be just fine. There is a green LED on the logic board that is blinks 5 times then stops for 10 seconds and repeats the 5 blinks. Does anyone know what the 5 blinks indicates? Since nothing is working except for the loud click, I am assuming the logic board must have died. Since it is 14 years old I am not sure whether it is more cost effective to repair or just buy a new opener. Any comments, solutions, or suggestions would be appreciated. It was working just fine and suddenly quit this morning just in time for New Year's. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door opener stopped working

Here is my problem. I replaced a malfunctioning remote. I followed the instructions to teach the code to the new remote. It worked but now my second remote, that had been working, won't work. So, I taughtit the code and now the new remote won't work. So, it appears that the unit will only allow one remote to learn the code. Has anyone had a similar problem or can anyone offer a solution?

thanks,
Daddio_2010

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here