Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garage heater recommendations

Posted by elvis_presley (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 12, 06 at 16:59

I have an uninsulated garage. It's about 20X20 with 8 foot ceilings (almost flat roof) and lot's of air leaks.
i could run a natural gas line in there, or wire it to 220 (or use propane or kerosene) . What is the best choice for a safe heater that will enable me to work out there now and then this winter?
I don't need it toasty warm--Just warm enoough to take the chill off, and remove my gloves when i need to do finer work. This in in saint paul, mn. I should say i have asthma, so i wouldn't want anything that's very stinky.
what is the best and most economical option?
thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garage heater recommendations

Try here, alot to look at but maybe something will do. It would behoove you to do some insulating, regardless of what you end up getting. It makes a huge difference.
Annette

Here is a link that might be useful: heaters

o
RE: garage heater recommendations

I have a ventless natural gas heater and it works great. They're not terribly expensive, maybe $125 to $175 depending on what size you need. Just make sure you get one with a thermostat.

If it's practical, insulate the garage. You'll be much more comfortable and will keep you heating bill down.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here