Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicvicvic_gw

Information about Garage Opener Remote Controls

vicvicvic
14 years ago

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I live in an apartment complex that has a garage on the lower floor. To use the garage, I need a garage opener remote control that I leave in my car (e.g. on the visor) that I can press to open the gate. The apartment manager told me that I can buy the garage opener device from him for $45 or get it elsewhere. I am hoping that I can find it in a retail store or online for a lower price.

The only information I have is that its chip or something like that is a 10-digit one. The example that the manager showed me is just a simple one-button device, and that's all I really need. I looked at the gate and the machine is an Elite sl-3000-ul-1 commerical vehicular gate operator, if that helps.

I just found out that the company Elite Access Systems, which makes the gate operator, was acquired by Chamberlain in 2003. Does anyone know if remote controls that are compatible with Chamberlain will also work on this Elite gate operator? Thanks.

I am pretty sure these cost a lot less, but have no idea where to get them from for a good deal. I live in the Bay Area of California and can buy these from San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, and surrounding areas.

Thanks,

Vic