Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Keyless Entry Problem

Posted by lexluthor (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 26, 08 at 15:39

I had 2 Craftsman Garage Door Openers. One is 10 years old and one is more than 10 years old.

The older one died last week. I replaced it with a 1/2 HP 315Mhz Model that looked exactly the same.

The door button, the hand button and car buttons all work.

The only thing I can't get to work is the keyless entry pad. The old pad had both old garage doors programmed and opened both.

I followed the proceedure in the manual (enter code, hold enter, push buttton on opener) and it doesn't work.

Is it possible that the new opener is a different frequency then the keyless entry panel? If so, is my only solution to get a 2nd panel that's 315Mhz? Will the old opener then not work with the new panel and I'll have to have 2 panels?

The only other though I had is that maybe the current panel has a limit of 2 codes and it thinks I'm attaching a 3rd GDO to it?

Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Keyless Entry Problem

I don't think your keypad will work with the new opener but I don't understand why your remotes do. Anyway try programming the thing this way. Press and immediately release the smart/learn button on the opener and then walk over and key in your 4 digit code and press enter. The "press and immediately release" is important and if it is going to work with the new opener it should now.

o

Actually I didnt try the old remote with the new opened or the new remote with the old opener.

My 2 cars that have a built in a homelink connection both work. I guess those work on multiple frequencies somehow.

It looks like I'll have to try a new keypad.

Are there and keypads that would work with both openers so I don't have to keep 2 keypads?

o

You won't find a keypad that will work with both openers now. The new frequency as you know is 315 mhz and the old is 390.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here