Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman garage door light blinking locked??

Posted by soundcreation (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 21, 08 at 14:13

Thank goodness for sites like this.My problem sounds similiar to others I have read on the forum but different too!!My Craftsman 1/2 is blinking constantly on the wall panel and my remotes will not work at all,the wall button works fine.I replaced the batteries in the remotes and tried holding the other two smaller buttons because I had read that one of these are the lock feature.My remotes are quite old so there isn't any indication which button is the lock button.This didn't solve the problem.I have spent hours on this and would truly appreciate any help!!!

Thanks

Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman garage door light blinking locked??

The buttons on the remotes are not lock buttons. If you have a wall control with 3 buttons, one of them is the lock button. Hold this button in for 3 seconds and release. If you only have 1 button on your wall control you need to program your unit. Locate the smart/learn button on the back of the motor unit. Now hold down the large button on your remote and press and immediately release the smart learn button. Do this for each remote. Should do it for you.

o
RE: Craftsman garage door light blinking locked??

Hi Don.Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you.I thought a response might come back in my e-mail saying someone had posted a reply.I even had a tricky time finding my original post!!Not much of a computer guy and even less of a garage door repair man!!I tried your suggestions and 30 seconds later my garage door remotes were working!!Yahoo!!I'm sure I speak for alot of people on this forum when I say Thanks A Million for helping out all of us "Garage door opener"impared people!!

Thanks again and Merry Christmas

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here