Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Model 139.18458D - Many Problems!

Posted by threelibras (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 1, 08 at 14:03

Hi Everyone,
We recently installed a Craftsman Garage Door Opener (Model 139.18458D) this weekend. It worked fine for the first day.

The first problem I have is that the diagnostic LED above the learning button is flashing rapidly. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

The second problem I have is that my garage door will open and close randomly on its own! I have tried to re-do all the adjustments and they all work correctly (ie - garage door reverses when it comes upon an obstruction, etc). After I have done all my adjustments and am satisfied, I'll come inside and an hour or so later, I'll hear it opening and closing on its own!

To stop the random opening and closing, I've enabled the lock feature on my wall control panel. However, when this is enabled, I hear random and sporadic clicks (like the light makes when it turns on).

Also, my remote only works sporadically throughout this.

I don't even know how to begin to solve any of these problems. It seems like when I think something is working, it breaks something else.

I definitely think the flashing diagnostic light means something but I can't find info anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Model 139.18458D - Many Problems!

Rapid flashing of that LED is a sign of interference from something close. Either an old remote stuck in a drawer somewhere or something electrical in the garage or house. If you don't have any old remotes around try unplugging anything electrical. I don't mean large appliances but small things like a fish tank heater. Anything that uses a wall wart is suspect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here