Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threelibras

Craftsman Model 139.18458D - Many Problems!

threelibras
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We recently installed a Craftsman Garage Door Opener (Model 139.18458D) this weekend. It worked fine for the first day.

The first problem I have is that the diagnostic LED above the learning button is flashing rapidly. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

The second problem I have is that my garage door will open and close randomly on its own! I have tried to re-do all the adjustments and they all work correctly (ie - garage door reverses when it comes upon an obstruction, etc). After I have done all my adjustments and am satisfied, I'll come inside and an hour or so later, I'll hear it opening and closing on its own!

To stop the random opening and closing, I've enabled the lock feature on my wall control panel. However, when this is enabled, I hear random and sporadic clicks (like the light makes when it turns on).

Also, my remote only works sporadically throughout this.

I don't even know how to begin to solve any of these problems. It seems like when I think something is working, it breaks something else.

I definitely think the flashing diagnostic light means something but I can't find info anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comment (1)